AVIC411.com

Iphone audio, no Video x930 Bt

I purchased the 930bt as well as CD-IU51V cable for my iPhone 4. When i got the cable i plugged it in and everything worked fine from netflix to youtube videos, even when i used just the white cable for my iPhone i would get video but no audio. Initially i did not have the 930 bypassed, but i did so recently. i didn't pay much attention to when this stopped working but all of a sudden the video not coming through anymore. Aha works, audio works when i listen to songs on iPod, but whenever i play a video from any source on the iPhone it plays audio but no video? any ideas ?? thanks

thanks for the reply

I'm telling you i did this and it worked before just no audio, but anyways as i pointed out in my previous post, i do have the CD-IU51V ( the cable that is detailed in the manuel) and it worked previously and as of late it stopped working, not to sure when it stopped working but i hadn't used it in a while then when i tried to plug it in and watch it the other day it no longer works?

as i said i get the audio and it gives me the source its coming from when i have it on the pioneer control, when i switch to app mode nothing happens just black screen with audio only.

I just read one of your post about these cables being knock offs and counterfeits, I'm one of the fools who bought it on ebay for cheap, and it was shipped from hong kong, so this might explain it haha but I'm just a little mind boggled by the fact that it was working for me for awhile and now it does not...but anyways i will head to amazon or what not and pick up the one made by pioneer and let u know if that fixes my problem, thanks again

I'm just a little mind boggled by the fact that it was working for me for awhile and now it does not.

Thats what knock offs do. Thats why they suck. And the only way this unit gets video on the screen except from a DVD is to have it input through the dedicated video input on the rear of the unit and only there. So again, there is no way you got video in from just the USB. Video cant input from the USB on these units.

even when i used just the white cable for my iPhone i would get video but no audio.

this is what vblue is talking about, the avics do not do any kind of internal decoding from ipods, all of the videos and music are decoded inside the ipod then transmitted to the avic, the usb only sync cable that comes with the iphones do not carry any video or audio signals, they just provide power to charge and data to control or transfer data. this is why you need to have a composite video and usb cable for them to work. again there is no way possible that you ever had any video playing by just using a sync cable with your iphone