AVIC411.com

Does the D3 bluetooth, ipod cable and trim kit work for newer Pioneer's

I have a 2012 jetta that I just put my D3 into. I forgot the password to the unit and can't remember what it is. I was looking at newer non-navi units. I was just wondering if my bluetooth and handsfree and ipod cable will be able to plug in to the newer units on the back. Did they get new connectors? Also would I probably need another dash kit or are they all the same since the one I would be getting is a double din

A unit such as the avh-p1400dvd

I'm pretty sure before when I went to enter that password it didnt only give me 3 trys. now it is saying i need to shut the car off and try it again. When my new unscratched 100MT map CD comes in I will try entering all my pets names again to see if that part is just corrupt after removing the power from one car to another.

I also have the remote and it says NT under the DVD (which I guess means the CD is corrupt). There is no way to hard reset the D3 to factory using the remote is there? I see a format option but I am scared I will brick the unit if I mess around with any of this.. Awaiting on good CD for now.

Id rather spend the money on a new unit then send this old one to pioneer for 200 bucks just to get it working again.

There is no way to hard reset the D3 to factory using the remote is there?

There is a thread buried deep somewhere here that details a way to possibly reset the unit if you have a password failure. There are several post from me in this thread but I don't remember the title. If I remember correctly, as long as you have the remote, there is a back door procedure to get the password reset. Start doing some hard core searching in the D series forum and good luck.

• 5 months later...