AVIC411.com

I've researched this problem for a good long while and tried everything I could find to re-install upgrade. Tried getting to the root

of the operating system, but no trick or combination of re-install techniques worked. I'll be interested once someone finally solves

this issue. At this point I think it's a fatal error that only a return to Pioneer can solve. I wonder if Pioneer has to take these apart

and replace the flash memory?

The next morning my radio turned on and was fine again. I was working fine for a few days and the error showed up again today. I let it sit for a bit and its working again.

Not sure why it happens. Right now the only 2 common things between those two cases were: 1) I was using it with radio for quite some time 2) turned it off 3)turned it on about 7-10 minutes later. - error.

The next morning my radio turned on and was fine again. I was working fine for a few days and the error showed up again today. I let it sit for a bit and its working again.

Not sure why it happens. Right now the only 2 common things between those two cases were: 1) I was using it with radio for quite some time 2) turned it off 3)turned it on about 7-10 minutes later. - error.

Odd problem. If you have a warranty on the unit, I would send it back for a replacement...

• 2 years later...

I figured out how to fix the os error on the AppRadio SPH-DA02. Go to the firmware updates for the SPH-DA01 at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+%28SPH-DA01%29?tab=firmware and download the OS update that came with the v2.63 update. Ignore the warning that this is only for the SPH-DA01 and follow only the OS update instructions. This will reload the OS and fix the problem. Pioneer wanted $80 just to look at the radio, and since it wasn't working I figured I had nothing to lose by trying the OS update for the -DA01. Luckily it worked. I now have a working radio again and I saved $80.

• 6 years later...