AVIC411.com

2011 Honda Pilot Factory Backup Camera wiring

Hi!

I have an Avic Z130bt and I want to try to wire my factory reverse camera into the unit.

I have a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L (no nav/res) with the backup camera. The camera currently displays in the corner of the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I'm wondering if anyone know what wires in the mirror harness correspond to the video +/- in order to wire them to an RCA connector.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason

SOLVED this!

Okay, so I never got a response here or anywhere else so I delved into the wiring myself.

There are 3 wires that makes up the camera feed from the rear of the vehicle here is where they are and what I did to feed them into my Head Unit.

----

I removed the side pillar covering the front driver's side Side Airbag. If you can't get the panel off, flip up the SRS logo on the molding from the bottom edge with a knife to expose an 8mm bolt. Remove the bolt, then the molding.

Drop the roof console that contains the map lights/garage door buttons. There are two screws inside the sunglass pocket and two underneath the plastic that covers each light (the plastic pops off to allow access to replace the light, just do it carefully with a trim removal tool). The whole console should drop down. Detach all the connectors holding it up.

You may have to remove the clips holding the sunvisors in place (just the clips closest to the mirror, one on each visor). They simply twist out of their sockets. This will allow the headliner to sag a bit.

Follow the wiring coming from the rear view mirror, it will go to a connector under the headliner. Detach this connector and pull the wiring out so you can view/work on the wires. I had to remove some tape and pull back the plastic covering the wires.

There are three important wires for tapping into the camera feed.

The blue wire is the RG shielding.

The brown wire is the RG negative.

The yellow wire is the RG positive.

I grabbed an old RCA cable I had laying around and cut off one end. I connected the RCA connector to the camera input on the back of my new headunit and ran the wire under the instrument cluster, up the airbag pillar, along the headliner and out the hole I created by remove the upper console.

All you have to do from here is strip some covering from the blue and yellow wires and solder(or if you choose, you can skip the stripping and soldering and just use Scotchloks or something similar) the leads from the end of the RCA cable to them.

The inner wire from the RCA goes to RG positive (yellow) and the outer wire(shielding) goes to RG shielding(blue wire).

Now earlier I decided to leave the rearview picture displayed on the mirror as well as on my headunit (just didn't feel like disabling the mirror display), so I left the brown wire alone since it is ground and was already being grounded when connected.

That's it. Wrapped everything back up, powered it up and I now have a rear view image being displayed on my head unit and on the mirror.

Yay!