AVIC411.com

So, I abhor Apple and their inferior products, and thus do not own an iPod or iPhone. It also makes no sense to me to spend so much money on a head unit for good audio quality, only to degrade it notably by using the stupid analog signal iPod cable. Thus, simply getting an iPod is not an option.

What I do not understand is why Pioneer does not have voice recognition with regards to music when using an SD card or thumb drive that isn't an Apple product, and why it will not display album art. Has someone written software or created a hack that gets around this ridiculous limitation? There is no reason properly tagged MP3 files cannot be read by the head unit for voice recognition or album art display!

Please tell me there is a solution other than selling my soul and getting an Apple product...

Edit: Just to be clear, the voice recognition works well in pretty much every other aspect, so it is not an issue with my head unit. I also have the most recent firmware version installed.

There is no other solution. Drop the stupid immature "I hate Apple for no reason" attitude if you want to be able to utilize those features.

Wow. That is an unbecoming attitude for a moderator. I feel welcome!

Complacency with Apple's market tactics and products is what contributes to the saturated and lopsided market that exists today. I clearly have reasons for avoiding Apple, of which I listed a major one in my original post. If the answer is "no" to my question then I will be content with what I have. Besides, I would need multiple iPods to fully utilize my music collection, so it's not like it would make sense to buy a bunch of iPods even if I didn't care about the audio quality.