AVIC411.com

• 2 months later...

Great answer maccrap, but if you did a little research you would notice it is the WRONG answer.

When you fire up motionx and it is connected to an AppRadio it tells you that you have to have the external display package due to "licensing" which is total bullshit since no other apps seem to need this licensing

I've never had a problem with motionx... I'm currently using appradio+ vers 2.5 and appradio extensions current beta. No licensing notice has ever appeared... I installed my appradio the week my local bestbuy received the first shipment.. So I'm assuming my unit is from the first batch. Again it worked the day I installed it which was long before my phone was jailbroken, or appradio + was around.

Well I have Nav Free installed and it does not require any additional license, Extra Mile also does not need an additional license, Waze? nope, no additional license there, Inrix Traffic also does not ask me to purchase a license to display on the AppRadio, Livio Radio is another example of an app that does not require additional license to use external display, Dash Command is a $50 app, if it asks for an additional $25 to license it they will put themselves out of business, RDIO works without paying anything extra.... I haven't had Mixtrax or CarMediaPlay ask for any money to use them either, and even Aupeo works without an additional charge for an external display license.

I guess that leaves StreamS and BestParking that I have not tried yet, I'd be surprised if they ask for additional license fees.

Sooo VBLUE42, can you tell me what other apps require this license because I believe I just listed every app available for iPhone and Android.

Well Nerds 2 You, Pioneer is not the only company that has a unit that has this capability so you haven't named every app. And I never said anything about "licensing" in my response although my choice of words could be construed that way.

Well Nerds 2 You, Pioneer is not the only company that has a unit that has this capability so you haven't named every app. And I never said anything about "licensing" in my response although my choice of words could be construed that way.

Sorry, I though this was a Pioneer AppRadio thread, I didn't realize we were discussing products from other manufacturers.

It really doesn't matter what you call it, licensing, in app option, display package, or anything else it is still an extra charge to do something that others do for free, and to claim that is due to licensing issues is clearly a lie by the makers of MotionX.

Just for reference I have a Z140BH and you do require to purchase the add on to get the touch screen functionality. I think its total BS, because it really doesn't give you much more. Seeing that full offline style GPS software like Garmin and Tom Tom are not much more expensive it seems like a bit of a cheap shot on Motion X's part. Of couse if you jailbreak your phone you can use any GPS program on the HU but without touch ability.

• 1 year later...