AVIC411.com

I purchased the license maybe a year ago. I wanted to gain the touch screen functions. It was worth it at the time for me because the AppRadio2 was already so much cheaper than a head unit with built-in nav. I think I paid $29 for it and to me that was OK. It's all in how you rationalize it. The unfortunate thing is that you still have to use your phone to type anything in. There is no pop-up keyboard on the big screen. That was a bummer.

I've since switched to waze, which is absolutely free. I got used to the cartoon-like appearance and I actually really like the hazard, police, etc. alerts is gives you. MotionX is still installed, but I almost never use it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've since switched to waze, which is absolutely free. I got used to the cartoon-like appearance and I actually really like the hazard, police, etc. alerts is gives you. 

Waze is nice in that it's coded to use an external display. Waze is not nice in that it now shows popup ads on half the screen along your route. atrocious. probably surprising since it's now owned by an advertising company (google).

I'm just using my 7" NUVI. It frees the APPRADIO3 to run music, check email and other pursuits.

not a great solution for me -- i got onboard w/ AR in order to have one device to do both music and nav. still trying to figure out from pioneer how AR3 is supposed provide voice guidance in Apple Maps, as it purports to do on their site. 

If you look at the print it doesn't say specifically it provides voice for Apple Maps. It only says it provides voice for maps in another sentence. One could say that is technically true sense you do get voice with other map apps. The Apple Maps app in its current state with iOS has no coding to output audio from any output other then the iDevices speaker so this wont be possible unit Apple changes it. However I do agree with you that Pioneer's wording is misleading. Look into AppEx and use Google Maps instead and be done with the issues.

incorrect -- on this main AR3 product page Pioneer does indeed say it provides voice guidance for all choices:

You also have the option of using the built-in Google® Maps on Android devices and Apple Maps on the iOS platform. With all of these choices including voice guidance and on-screen control of maps, AppRadio really knows navigation and gives you more ways to get to where you are going.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+3+(SPH-DA210)

...there is no mistake: theyre saying right there that it supports voice guidance on Apple Maps. however, the actual device does not. ive since gotten a response from Pioneer support confirming there is no voice guidance or onscreen control of Apple Maps, which they of course blame on apple, saying the app changed. however, Apple Maps came out 9 months ago, the AR3 came out 1 month ago...clearly here the culprit is Pioneer for having a brand new product website with bogus claims on it. (perhaps not surprising for a website clueless enough to have HTML <b> tags within their <title> tags...but i digress.)

shame on pioneer. again.