AVIC411.com

D 3 to x930bt

Wow D3. It's been a long time. Really nothing is kept from that unit. All the connections in the back changed that you mentioned. You still get to use two antennas, one for the xm other for gps. However lots of stuff is built in now. Hands free calling for one. I haven't used xm with the new unit so you will have to look that up. I haven't missed xm at all with Pandora via iphone. The new unit really integrates nice with the iphone. You can even watch netflix movies and in app mode you can use motion x gps pushed to the display. It's pretty awesome,

I would ditch xm and go pandora/aha radio. Xm savings alone would probably pay for the iphone if you dont have one already. As far as blue tooth goes, I have to admit its always stunk for any of the units i've used. From the D3, f900bt, and even the newer X920bt. Luckily the iphone has built in speaker phone.

A great example of just how bad the mic /blue tooth system is, try using Siri while its hooked into the blue tooth system using the x series mic. It can't figure out what in the world your saying.

Anyway, just thought id throw some info out there. D3 brougth back some memories ha, you're in for a treat from that jump. No growing pains like they had with the f series, wow. What a nightmare that's when these forums were popular haha.

I did this exact same thing back in January. I was able to keep the same Xm tuner that I used with the D3 with my new unit, the X930BT. As far as the mic and everything I switched mine out just because there was a new one provided in the box. I find myself using Pandora more and more than XM. As far as Aha goes. Do they even play music on that?

• 4 weeks later...