AVIC411.com

Is there a Memory wire for the avic-x910bt??? Saved settings/memory not working!

Basically I have the Pioneer Avic-x9115bet which is virtually the same as the x910bt and the x930bt when it comes to the wire colors and wiring installation of the head unit! so I was told yellow wire to constant 12v power and red wire to ignition or switched 12v power? Do I have that correct cuz red is sopposed to be on acc/ignition power which im assuming thats what that means! or should I find another wire to hook up the red wire to. So I have a lexus is 300 2002 and in the radio harness blue with yellow is the 12v constant and brown is the switched 12v constant so of course i have the yellow wire to the blue wire and the red wire with the brown! I also have my 12 gauge power wire for my rear view backup camera to the brown wire as well so i can watch and turn on the camera whenever I would like! so for some reason my buddys who helped install this unit had both the red and yellow hooked up to a seperate wire going to the brown wire? cuz my wires on back of my deck wernt long enough! so I had to fix that, so when I relized where the blue and yellow wire was there was another pointless lil 1inch wire going from my brown radio wire to my blue and yellow wire? I thought that was odd so I removed i! and hooked everything up correctly like stated above. and then the screen would not turn on at all and obviously was not getting power which I did not understand. so I figured I played with it to much trying to teach myself and I should re hook it the way it was before I touched it or atlease put back that little yellow (spare wire) back. from the brown switched constant to the blue & yellow 12v constant and everything worked agian but I still have that memory problem where my eq and all my settings besides the ones on the navigation like home and history etc. are saved? so why is this still happining and is my deck disfunctional or what cuz ive asked around and people told em to do just that other installers who know what there talking about! Now there is a Purple wire on the avic deck and an orange wire on the avic deck that are going absoultly nowhere! this is another problem I did not get? could one of those wires have to do with the memory of the deck cuz my other buddy told me I either do not have the memory wire hooked up, or I have it hooked up incorrectly! please help on this one asap thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

bottem line is that the AVIC's yellow wire is the memoiry wire and must be connected to a constant power/battery source.

the AVIC's red wire is the ACC/switched wire.

the AVIC's black wire is the ground wire and needs to be grounded

if you have all of these correct and your unit is not saving thing that it should, then it sounds like you have a problem with your unit.

12 awg for the camera, that seems a little heavy, also the camera SHOUND NOT be connected to the constant wire, this will cause the camera to be on all the time (even when the car is parked and off) which will drain the battery.