AVIC411.com

New-to-me D1 - Install/General Questions

Hey guys...just got an avic-D1 and i've never messed around with car audio before. I got JUST the D1 itself, no wires or anything. I have a 2009 Civic Si

I'm wondering if this is the part i need to power the unit and connect it to the wiring harness to connect to my factory sub/speakers.

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1202wt_1163

then i think i just need the gps receiver, ipod cable and steering wheel controls connector. i found the gps/ipod cable and i think this is the steering wheel controls i need?

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1656wt_1163

and a dash kit of my car...then i think i'm good.

My other questions is:

1. i'm wondering if the D1 works with the iphone 4 running 5.0.1 software. wondering since this is an older model.

2. are maps still updated for this unit and is there a place i can purchase/download updated dvd-rom images? I saw ones that were from 2008...but a lot of stuff has changed since 2008!

Thanks...sorry for all the noob questions but this is my first foray into audio.

The D1 is one of the originals...it's functionality is very limited by todays standards.

You'll also need at a minimum, the power harness, the AV harness, and GPS antenna.

For the iphone, you'll have to use a standard iPhone/IPod RCA cable to the AV Input on the D1, all audio and video will be controlled by the iphone, not the avic.

I'm not aware of current maps for the D Series.