AVIC411.com

Obtaining Pioneer Map Licenses

Although I think I know a little about how the AVIC works, I confess to complete ignorance about the licensing of map. A view confirmed by my current inability to get 2011Q4 Navteq or Tomtom (TeleAtlas) maps to work on my UK F900BT despite having scanned the forum for help.

Mind you not knowing what I am looking for doesn’t help.

As I understand it, Pioneer provides a licence to run the Pioneer provided maps in a particular area.

However to run other maps you need:

• a generic IGO worldwide licence
  • a Pioneer licence specific to the maps that you want to us
  • an alternative ezrider.exe, which I assume would be appropriate to the alternative map.

Would it be a good idea if forum members, in various parts of the world, who have these files, know that they work, and are prepared to share them would simply respond to this post:

Europe – Navteq 2011Q3

Or North America - TomTom(TeleAtlas) 2012Q1

Members who need the relevant files could simply search the post for what they need, and then PM members who have them.

If members, whose first language is not English, could translate this into their first language, this would ensure maximum coverage and response.

a generic IGO worldwide licence

• a Pioneer licence specific to the maps that you want to us
  • an alternative ezrider.exe, which I assume would be appropriate to the alternative map.

Actually, you do not need anything from Pioneer (and there would not be such a thing as Pioneer's license for any map you did not buy from Pioneer). You need the hacked EZRider, and whatever iGO license is appropriate to the maps you want to use.

Thanks Boris, as I said I really do not know what I am talking about.

However, I think the point is still relevant. Would it not be a good idea if members posted to confirm that they have the appropriate IGO (not Pioneer) licence for the indicated map if they were prepared to share it?

Colin

You're welcome.

Well, generally, if the maps you, ahem, acquire elsewhere need a license different from the ones that are attached to EZRider archives here, it would be posted somewhere at the same spot as the maps. If new licenses become needed, I'm sure they will pop up around here as well...

• 7 months later...