AVIC411.com

Just got the new avic x940bt installed! Nice!

Hey folks, i just got the new avic x940bt installed in my 2006 gmc yukon, i must say I really like it, coming from the x930bt. OK I have paired my htc vivid (android) to the unit and I can confirm that it works in regard to being able to get Pandora, aha radio (blutooth) , also the power and audio/video harneses seem to be the same the x930bt , as the installer said he did not have to use the harneses that came with the x940bt, my video bypass also still works with the harness from the x930bt on the x940bt. OK navtek maps are fine also, I now see major buildings in downtown areas, there is now a 2d up on the maps now.

Hope this helps some of U folks out in ur buying decision.

hey i was just wondering what you did to bypass ur x940bt i just went from the x920bt and i tired to same way to bypass but it didn't work for mine. It shows video until i hit about 25mhp then the video shuts off. Any suggestions thanks in-advance for ur help and time.

hey i was just wondering what you did to bypass ur x940bt i just went from the x920bt and i tired to same way to bypass but it didn't work for mine. It shows video until i hit about 25mhp then the video shuts off. Any suggestions thanks in-advance for ur help and time.

the installer did the bypass, so I'm not sure how it was done.

Nice!

Can you make software backup from your X940BT?

I would like to take closer look at new USER folder.

Some of these 940/140 guys may be new to this series of units so you might want to point them to a thread or explain to them how to do this. BTW, did you guys ever get anywhere with the 120/130 hack effort?

HowTo backup Pioneer UI - youtube

! at this video Jason uses testmode.key file, but it is not nessasary.
  1. push and hold HOME button, turn on ignition, keep home button pressed and press previous button, next button, previous, next and so on while keeping home button pressed until the unit restarts, it should enter testmode.
  2. move down and enter FILE MAINTENANCE,
  3. go to USER, select COPY on the menu,
  4. move up, and go to SD,
  5. select PASTE on the menu,
  6. once it finish - BACKUP IS DONE. It may take up to 15 minutes to finish.
  7. now hold EJECT button for 5s to get to sd card, take it and connect to pc,
  8. copy USER directory somewhere safe on your computer.

If you have problem or just would like to know more- you are welcome here.

Just installed my avic-x940bt yesterday not sure how i feel about it yet. I had a Kenwood DNX-6960 installed in my truck before the avic-x940bt.

There is a couple of things that bug me about the avic-x940bt

First one is when the deck first powers on and i hit the home button it then go's to a warning screen that i have to hit OK then it will go to the screen with the map (I can change it to the eco screen or reverse camera instead of the map screen.) but can not get it to go straight to iPod screen or home screen does your do the same thing.

Second thing is where is the Advanced Sound Retriever i can't find it anywhere i was really looking forward to this feature as i had it in another pioneer deck and it works works great when using iPods.

I am thinking of taking it back and swapping it for a AVH-P8400BH.

Badboy

First one is when the deck first powers on and i hit the home button it then go's to a warning screen that i have to hit OK then it will go to the screen with the map (I can change it to the eco screen or reverse camera instead of the map screen.) but can not get it to go straight to iPod screen or home screen does your do the same thing.

Dont hit the HOME button. Just leave off on the iPod source and it will reboot to that screen the next time. That OK screen is always going to appear however when you access any screen that deals with the map. Its by design and you cant change it. Its the same way with the Kenwood you had.

Second thing is where is the Advanced Sound Retriever

Not listed in the specs anywhere for this unit or any of the navi units. Its is included with the AVH units however so the 8400 might be the unit for you. Do your homework though. There are other features the navi units have that the AVH units dont.

Thanks It is a nice deck better then the kenwood I had the sound is way better bass hits better and highs are more bright.

I really like the volume knob on the x940bt and like the top load cd slot so I am still deciding if the pros out way the cons

Do you what are some of the features that the x940bt has over the p8400bh besides navigation.

Badboy

the shop that installed it did the bypass, so i do not know what they did.

Recheck your connections for the bypass. The bypass proceeder is likely the same as the previous units and usually doesn't change between units in the same series.

the shop that installed it did the bypass, so i do not know what they did.

since your AVIC bypass works when moving slow, your parking brake wire IS grounded.

however since it stops working when you go over the certain speed it stops working means that your problem is with the mute wire, it is either in the wrong pin or or not in all the way, or not grounded.