AVIC411.com

Just got the new avic x940bt installed! Nice!

I just got my x940bt installed but I haven't bypassed it yet. I had it done at Best Buy. I know not the best place to have it done, but they did alright. I like it so far. One complaint I have is that there are some snaps and crackles when listening to FM (but not CD or AM. I haven't tried other sources yet). Best Buy replaced the antenna adapter but that didn't cure it. Another complaint is that the turn by turn directions do not mention the street names (usually - it seems to speak highway names). The street to turn on is on the screen only. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it. It's also cheaper than the x930bt on Amazon - another plus! :mrgreen:

One complaint I have is that there are some snaps and crackles when listening to FM (but not CD or AM. I haven't tried other sources yet). Best Buy replaced the antenna adapter but that didn't cure it

what kind of car is this in? and what kind of antenna does it have (shorty, shark fin, in glass)? they might have used the wrong antenna adapter (like they might have needed to use one with a built in signal amp)or there might be a signal amp in the car that is not getting powered up.

i have also been noticing a lot of newer cars with either shorty antennas or in glass antennas that never perform as good as the original radio as far as reception no matter what brand we swap it out for. i think it has to do with the OEM radio being specifically being tuned of the odd or unusual type of antenna, and pioneer (and everybody else) is still expecting cars to have old school stalk antennas.

what kind of car is this in? and what kind of antenna does it have (shorty, shark fin, in glass)? they might have used the wrong antenna adapter (like they might have needed to use one with a built in signal amp)or there might be a signal amp in the car that is not getting powered up.

i have also been noticing a lot of newer cars with either shorty antennas or in glass antennas that never perform as good as the original radio as far as reception no matter what brand we swap it out for. i think it has to do with the OEM radio being specifically being tuned of the odd or unusual type of antenna, and pioneer (and everybody else) is still expecting cars to have old school stalk antennas.

I have a Mercedes C230. It has a short little antenna on the roof above the rear window - I think it's an amplified antenna. The adapter they installed looks like the Metra 40-EU10 (Amazon says it's for my car but Best Buy doesn't list my bar as application!).

Are there any better options?

i would check to make sure that the antenna amp is getting powered up then,

there is also the metra 40-eu55 which does have the same plugs but has its own signal amp, also make sur ethat your car does not have dual antennas like a lot of new German cars do in which case the 40 eu56 might work better.

• 4 months later...

I just had the avic-x940bt installed, they were able to use some parts from the prior unit that I had. all works well execpt for the back up camera. the image is reversed and there is no optin to change it, all i can find is to turn it on/off and change from positive to negative. this is the camera from prior unit not a new camera. any help would be great.

Thanks!

it is going to depend on you camera, some cameras have a switch or wire that needs to be cut for image mirroring, either you camera needs to have this changed, or your camera was not trully designed for being a reverse camera. some radios do have a setting to mirror the image but most do not. i would investigate the manual for your camera.

http://bit.ly/Utv2yV

do you mean like the manual that everybody can download from their website... just like every other company since 2000.

like this (top result)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-Z140BH_OperationManual030212.pdf

from here (second result)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-X940BT