AVIC411.com

X903bt vs x940bt - Hardware

Well i'm finally back on the site after a few long years (I was one of the original that discovered service mode and hacked the F series) and after buying a new Yukon, I want a new deck. I've been pretty happy with my F90bt, but the new units look even better. I like the bigger screen and built in features of the Z series, but I would rather have the knob for volume.

Now I can get some good pricing on the 930 since the 940 is out, but I don't want to sell myself short. I can wait for new firmware, or copy it from a 940, but if the hardware is significantly different/better then I will just pony up and get the 940.

Can anyone confirm?

Also on another note, does the new X series have a spectrum analyzer built in? From the short and limited videos on youtube it looks like it might. I REALLY miss that feature from back in the day of the avm-p9000r I had. I mean I already know what station i'm listening to, and I can hear how loud it is, how about displaying something cool on the screen when its sitting idle instead of just displaying station/volume/etc.

As far as anyone knows its the same hardware unit. Just software which includes the switch to Navteq maps. Advanced App mode, and limited Android support. So far however it appears the people that have upgraded are starting to report negative feelings on the software changes.

So far however it appears the people that have upgraded are starting to report negative feelings on the software changes.

it seems like this happens every single year, pioneer doesn't change most of the things that drive us crazy about our units, then they change some of the little things that everybody loves.

Hey Vblue this is probably an old question but hardware wise I have the 920...any reason to go with the 940 or better yet any reason not to go with the 910? I believe the 910 is hackable....right?

Sense your 920 has voice control it should be a keeper. The hardware 930 eliminated VC. You can however software upgrade the 920 to the currant units and still retain the VC. As far as the ability to be hacked goes then yes, you will want an F90/900/700BT or an X910/710. And those are all the same hardware unit with exception to some very minor cosmetic changes.

it seems like this happens every single year, pioneer doesn't change most of the things that drive us crazy about our units, then they change some of the little things that everybody loves.

Yeah thats why there are no more head units for me. I am doing just find with all the features I want and no limitations with an in dash iPad.