AVIC411.com

rear camera ?????????????

This is my first post. I have a 2003 Yukon XL with a z1 installed , back up camera ,blue tooth, and bypass. I had circuit city install . (big mistake) :cry: They had my car for 4 days. When i picked it up the navigation antena was not even installed. They never told me because i had a bose system i needed a bose adapter so chime is really loud and radio stations have poor reception. I have to bring it back on wednesday when the part comes in.

The back up camera works only in map mode not when i put veh in reverse. Is there a setting for this or did they not hook it up right. Also at night the camera is very dark the night vision does not work .. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SITE BEFORE I HAD Z1 INSTALLED. THERE ARE SOME VERY SMART AND HELPFUL PEOPLE IN HERE. YOU GUYS ARE AWSEMOE..

THANK YOU IN ANVANCE

MARK FROM

MASSACHUSETTS

This is my first post. I have a 2003 Yukon XL with a z1 installed , back up camera ,blue tooth, and bypass. I had circuit city install . (big mistake) :cry: They had my car for 4 days. When i picked it up the navigation antena was not even installed. They never told me because i had a bose system i needed a bose adapter so chime is really loud and radio stations have poor reception. I have to bring it back on wednesday when the part comes in.

The back up camera works only in map mode not when i put veh in reverse. Is there a setting for this or did they not hook it up right. Also at night the camera is very dark the night vision does not work .. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SITE BEFORE I HAD Z1 INSTALLED. THERE ARE SOME VERY SMART AND HELPFUL PEOPLE IN HERE. YOU GUYS ARE AWSEMOE..

THANK YOU IN ANVANCE

MARK FROM

MASSACHUSETTS

Sorry you had such a bad experience with your install. Now lets get down to the nitty gritty. The interface they used to integrate the bose system has a volume control for the door chime. Have them turn it down. As far as the rear camera only working in map mode, there's 2 possible reasons for that. 1 they didn't hook up the reverse wire. To check that in the navi menu hit settings. On the bottom of the screen that shows up it says "back signal" with the truck not in reverse that should say low. When the truck is in reverse it should say High. If it doesn't change then tell them to hook up the reverse wire, not like it's hard to get to. The other possibility is that the z1 isn't set up to automatically display the backup camera when you put the truck into reverse. To fix that do the following (copied directly from the z1 manual)

1 Touch [Camera Input] in the System Settings

menu.

2 Touch [On] to turn rear view camera setting

on.

❒ Unless this setting is [On], you cannot

switch to Rear View mode.

3 Touch [Polarity] to select an appropriate

setting for polarity.

Each time you touch [Polarity] switches

between the following polarity:

• Battery — When the polarity of the connected

lead is positive while the shift lever

is in the REVERSE ® position

• GND — When the polarity of the connected

lead is negative while the shift lever is in the

REVERSE ® position

Now as far as the camera not working properly at night, which camera did they put in?

well for the camera issue, go to the settings, and change the polarity for the camera, it sounds like its opposite from what its suppose to be, that is what triggers the camera input to be viewed.

A suggestion would be to get cc to return the labor and pull it out and put the car back to stock so you can go elsewhere to get it installed. 4 days is crazy. They might give you a little lip about not returning labor, but since they have failed to perform that labor properly and fully, they can easily pull it out and return it. If not, get the store manager name and then the district manager name. just go up the line till they realize the mistakes they made are too big to ignore.

i have an adiovox model roselsa (200 bucks) and it says it has infared for night vision.. ..

thank you guys so much i am going to print your comments and bring it to the installer wish you guys were in mass i would pay you..

DID I MENTION I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tillithz ,

Tell me about it i already talked to manager and we are supose to sit down and come to some agreement. I was pissed when i was in there i almost assulted the roadshop manager. I never complain about to much restaurants ect but 4 days and the car is still not 100 % i was furious .. not to mention i am 6 feet 235 lbs powerlifter . they were scared sh!!??>>

Right now they are offering free install on all pioneer navs so i am garanteed that money back 160.00 + 100.00 to install camera..

I also had them install a flip down screen with a playstion for the kids but that was done the first day in about 4 hours..

thanks everyone for your info and i will let everyone now how i made out... thanks again

mar from

massachusetts