AVIC411.com

how to change the AVIC D2 boot screen..problems

I have search high and low for for answers to my question...here is where I am at (other than pulling my hair out). I only want the boot screen changed...not the background.

I have Neto DVD external burner and software. I have dual layer Recordable DVD's.

I also downloaded one of the jpegs allready sized (500x 240).

I was told that I needed to delete the BGOPEN2.JPG file and insert the JPEG I wanted.

My problem is using the Neto software......can someone tell me in detail what I need to do in the Neto software to copy the DVD, delete and add Jpegs....and then burn. I have tried this a few different ways which have not worked....also is what I stated above the correct way to change the boot screen.

I need a detailed explanation ....each and every step of the way...each click of the mouse...I know this takes time to post but it would be greatly appreciated.

Any other info you think would help me ....feel free to post!!!

Thanks Tom

each click of the mouse is a bit demanding, you should probably get a better understanding of a computer before going further if that is necessary.

What is being said, to simplify this for you is, take your map disks, pull the files off it, replace the bgopen.jpg with your modded image, making sure its the same size. then burn the disk back to a dvd +/- r DL and insert disk into your avic unit, and reset it. that will replace the boot screen image and your done.

I am very computer literate....this is why I am posting...because something is working properly...I have done everything you mentioned in your above post.....but it doesnt work......that is why I asked for a more detailed explination......that is what this forum is for right???

Can some one please post ...how to do this ......I think it may be how I am pulling and burning the files on Nero...this is why I am asking for a click by click explination

Please help

Thanks Tom

Hmmmm Tom, maybe my post in the other thread where you asked the SAME exact question didnt drive home to you.

THE SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

This topic has been talked about over and over and over again.

This thread not only shows you are NOT computer-literate, but also NOT internet-savvy either.

help, and clearer instructions are what the forums are for, but hand holding is probably not what most users would want the forums for. with that said.

I assume your using nero not neto software, with that info, I believe you do start smart.. then data dvd.... and select files and make sure that they are in root the same way they were in when you pulled em off. if that doesnt work, try isoing it up with ultra iso or something.

Anyone with detailed instructions ? Your help would be greatly appreciated..

If you have no useful / helpful information that will help me solve my problem then please DONT post in my thread...thanks.

Please do not post anymore negative opinions or comments. Please only post detailed info on how I can get my problem resolved

Thanks Tom

Tom,

I found this forum a few weeks ago.

Within 3 hours of me coming here, I found all of the information I needed to successfully burn a new Navigation DVD for my D2 including a new boot image, XM logos and custom backgrounds. It works great.

I am NOT very computer literate... so if I could do it, then certainly someone like you who IS computer literate can do it.

Just search, and read. Everything you could need is here, for free, without having anyone hold your hand and provide you with click-by-click directions.

Coming here and making demands and unreasonable requests for assistance is not the way to solve your problem.

Stop being lazy and do some work on your own.

If that still doesn't work for you, then paypal me $125.00 and I'll type out detailed instructions for you.

CHEERS!!!!

Tom,

I found this forum a few weeks ago.

Within 3 hours of me coming here, I found all of the information I needed to successfully burn a new Navigation DVD for my D2 including a new boot image, XM logos and custom backgrounds. It works great.

I am NOT very computer literate... so if I could do it, then certainly someone like you who IS computer literate can do it.

Just search, and read. Everything you could need is here, for free, without having anyone hold your hand and provide you with click-by-click directions.

Coming here and making demands and unreasonable requests for assistance is not the way to solve your problem.

Stop being lazy and do some work on your own.

If that still doesn't work for you, then paypal me $125.00 and I'll type out detailed instructions for you.

Didnt think I was making demands....I have searched and searched...probably spent 4 hrs....Called Nero customer service with no help. I found no old threads concerning how to use the Nero software to extract replace and burn a new DVD......not sure if the way I am doing it is in the right format or what or do I have a problem with the software.....actually just spent the last 2 hours trying again...no luck

So you can see where I would get very frustrated when I asked for more help and all I get is replys telling me to search, telling me I am not computer literate...etc..

I came here not because I was lazy, or wanted someone to hold my hand....I came here because this looked like a good site with knowledgable people.....and instead of me needing to make many posts I initially asked for a detailed explination (more detailed than what I was able to get from hours of seaching....

Instead I have been writing usless posts about why I posted in the first place.....

Is there any one who can give me a detailed explination on how to approach reading changing and reburning a DVD on the Nero6 software????????

Thanks Tom

Tom