AVIC411.com

how to change the AVIC D2 boot screen..problems

JasonH: THANK YOU VERY MUCH......I appreciate your help on this matter.....I am still sitting in front of the computer trying to get this to work......

I am sure other people on the board will be able to use this info as well...........

Look forward to your post tonight...

THANKS TOM

Jason...I appreciate your help.....I dont see the instructions posted in your last thread....

Let me tell you what I did in detail and see where I am going wrong..

I load the Navigation DVD into the DVD burner.....I open my computer / and the appropriate drive containing the Navigation DVD and highlight all the folders and files that are there. I then drag these files/folders to a folder on my desktop which I made for this purpose only. I open this folder and click on the next folder labeled BG....in there .... I find and delete the BGOPEN2.jpg file and add my new file which was made on the AVIC411 site...it is a .jpg file at 500 x 240 size.

I then open the Nero6 software and click on the little "dvd" icon in the top right corner. I then click on the "make a data disc" a window pops up asking me where to add files from....so I open the folder I made with all the files and highlight/select all of the files and click "add". Once this is complete and I see all the 6 plus gigs of files I then burn them to the DVD+R DL. This takes a while.....when I am done I put the disc in the 2nd AVIC D2 Slot and push the Reset button......I also try turning the key off.....I still get .."please insert appropriate disc".

I have tried other ways in the Nero software ....like copy a DVD...but there is no way to add/delete files...I have done the above procedure 3 times.....

Now you can see why I am very frustrated.....it is not a case of me being lasy......or computer illiterate......I am just missing something here....wrong type of disc? accessing the wrong software? copying in the wrong area?

Do I need to save the new .JPG with the same name (BGOPEN2.jpg)...because I have been saving it with a totally different name....still a .jpg but different title..

Thanks Tom

Please help...thanks

Tom

Do I need to save the new .JPG with the same name (BGOPEN2.jpg)...because I have been saving it with a totally different name....still a .jpg but different title..

Wow, um, yeah, that will cause a problem. I has to be named BGOPEN2.

Also, You don't see the "customizing_avic_navigation_dvd.pdf" file in the post above?

What is a pdf.

Portable Document Format (PDF) is an open file format created and controlled by Adobe Systems, for representing two-dimensional documents in a device independent and resolution independent fixed-layout document format. Each PDF file encapsulates a complete description of a 2D document (and, with the advent of Acrobat 3D, embedded 3D documents) that includes the text, fonts, images, and 2D vector graphics that compose the document. PDF files do not encode information that is specific to the application software, hardware, or operating system used to create or view the document. This feature ensures that a valid PDF will render exactly the same regardless of its origin or destination (but depending on font availability when fonts are not encapsulated in the file).

PDF files are most appropriately used to encode the exact look of a document in a device-independent way. While the PDF format can describe very simple one page documents, it may also be used for many pages, complex documents that use a variety of fonts, graphics, colors, and images.

I know that PaisanNYC......stands for ASS

Dont you have anything better to do? ...I quess a guy with your personality has nothing better to do but sit in front of a cumputer and write crap.....because you have no friends.....LOSER!!!!!!!

Thanks.....Jason appreciate your time

geeze us christ tulrich, your rich in full of shit you dumb ass.

would you READ what i posted one of the first fucking times. you need someone to talk to you rough so you can get the understanding.. cuz i see your problem right NOW!

tillithz wrote: "replace the bgopen.jpg with your modded image, making sure its the same size.

now shut the fuck up youngster instead of talking crap to other people, YOU DIDNT READ, plain and simple

put the keyboard down, and pull the avic unit out and go return it because honestly, your too stupid to own and use it, just get your money back. funny I WAS THE ONE that helped you with what your problem is in the first place

shuddup PeskyNYC... errr I mean PaisanNYC, oh wait, least you can read and are literate, and can read, and are literate and know what REPLACE means.. dont you. Well since you know what replace means, you A - Ok in my book.