AVIC411.com

Is there a 940bt bypass

So I have done alot of reading and didnt come across the answer I was looking for. Im looking to do the bypass mode for for the new 940BT and it seems to me that all of the videos I have seen say that they are different from the 930. Is this correct or am I just slow. Thanks in advance

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of putting my 930 up on eaby for sale or on CL for sale

and going to buy a 940

are the RCA and Power Harness the same or did they change at all ?

do i have to pull all the wireing out and rewire with new

or can i simply just unplug the 930 hu and plug the 940 into it without having to redo the bypass ?

thanks anyone know this yet

Instead of the mute wire going one over it actually went up one. Just make sure it's the closest open pin on the row with the colored wires (red, yellow etc.) not the black row. Yes this unlocks all video and nav options while moving above 16mph

This is contradictory to what several others have reported that the 940 bypass is the same for the 920/930 so I would advise no one to follow this advise until further notice. And if this is the wrong proceeder it will likely begin to lock you out soon. This is what has happened with many other units that have been bypassed incorrectly.

This is contradictory to what several others have reported that the 940 bypass is the same for the 920/930 so I would advise no one to follow this advise until further notice. And if this is the wrong proceeder it will likely begin to lock you out soon. This is what has happened with many other units that have been bypassed incorrectly.

Just something for others to keep in mind should the existing method not be working for them (it didn't for me) and again my mute wire wasn't in the same position as others have indicated.

Ok, I've always been a little intimidated by doing anything more than simple wiring and now I see different and conflicting methods of doing a bypass.

The method on this forum for X series bypass: http://avic411.com/i...-series-bypass/

One method on youtube for the 930bt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUq0_hCDLQ

And another more simple one for the 930bt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syl14gmIfSA

Can anybody verify which is the correct method?

Thanks!