AVIC411.com

Is there a 940bt bypass

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've always been a little intimidated by doing anything more than simple wiring and now I see different and conflicting methods of doing a bypass.

The method on this forum for X series bypass: http://avic411.com/i...-series-bypass/

One method on youtube for the 930bt: (Video 1 was here)

And another more simple one for the 930bt: (Video 2 was here)

Can anybody verify which is the correct method?

Thanks!

My X940 matches the harness in the first video and not the second but the method for removing the pin is better in the second.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done the bypass exactly as describe in the video and it worked for the X940BT..The issue I ran into is the cable is very difficult to pull out. I would suggest paitence and make sure the white tab stay lifted cause it will rip the metal fastner on the cable and the cable is fragil. SO do not rip it out. But I can watch videos while driving as well as control the navigation system as well.

even if you break the white tab off aslong as you don't damage the plug to much it will be fine

mine snapped off i pulled up to hard on it but i was able to push it back in to the plug harness and it works fine

i know when i or if i upgrade to the 940 and don't wait for the update to come out

or if this time next year when they pull out wit a 950 or waht ever model might be next i hope the harness will be the same so i don't have to mess with the bypass or anyting

even if you break the white tab off aslong as you don't damage the plug to much it will be fine

mine snapped off i pulled up to hard on it but i was able to push it back in to the plug harness and it works fine

i know when i or if i upgrade to the 940 and don't wait for the update to come out

or if this time next year when they pull out wit a 950 or waht ever model might be next i hope the harness will be the same so i don't have to mess with the bypass or anyting

Dude- check out the second youtube video on the first page. He sticks a straightened-out staple in the tiny hole on the opposite side. You just stick it in there about a quarter inch or so and it releases the wire. Comes right out.

• 4 weeks later...

Bypass works great on my 940BT. Followed the directions from the first video.

Edit: Bypass stopped working due to navigation picking up current speed. I am going to play around with it tomorrow at best buy and see if I can find a way to tap into the navigation antenna to turn it on and off when needed instead of unplugging it all together.

Edited by giggitygoo123