AVIC411.com

Adapter confilct can anyone lend some advice?

Hi,

I installed a AVIC D3 with the PAC SWI Steering wheel adapter and an Ipod adapter cable, the problem I am having is as follows.

All of the Ipod interface adapters I have seen are a formed plug that plugs into the back of the D3 and makes a 90 turn to the right from the back of the unit. The PAC interface cable plugs into the wired remote plug just to the right of the IPOD plug and when using the two together the Ipod plug will not seat fully square due to the end of the PAC cable end sitting under it. I have it installed and both are working but I am not sure I have a good solid connection on the right side pins on the IPOD interface.

Has anyone else run into this issue or am I just worrying needlessly? I don't want the plug to work it's way out from road vibration or have intermittent issues due to bad contacts. Everything else in the install has been soldered and shrink wrapped but I feel kind of if'y about this connection.

Any advice?