AVIC411.com

AVIC-x910bt Broken Hard wired USB? Help???

Unfortunately I have a broken female USB part on my head unit! WHEN I say female piece USB I just mean the cord that is hard wired to the back of the x910bt that is supposed to accept the USB device you are plugging into the head unit! With this piece broken of course nothing can be plugged into it and obviously it almost looks like there is no way to fix it unless u get a new head unit!! but i was wondering if you could get a USB extension and maybe splice or solider these wires together to fix it! the administrator Jason H who I politely asked to help with this and many other issues cuz i'm an extreme novice! Has some kind of grudge against me cuz I am an extreme begginer to wiring and Car audio all together especially DVD Units! so he simply told me unless I was expiernced with soldering small wires that he would touch the the broken USB cord! Just like my yellow and red power option problem I had cuz my head unit saves all the navigation settings but wont save where i left of on a song, movie or my custom EQs! he told me yellow constant power and red switched power! but that wouldn't even turn on my deck! after I asked for help on that he proceeded to tell me a million times to look in the manual and it will tell me how to hook up head unit! ha ha thanks for the help Jason H! Due to that I have been on the site for a couple months because nobody else would ever comment or give feedback on my questions besides him! and obviously the website lets thier administrator talk trash and belittle and downplay peoples intelligence when I obviously state that I am bad at all this! lol he gives a quote "give a man a fish, he eats for a night, Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime!" Right Bro..... So If anybody else or any other administrator if their is any??? Could help me with this minor problem cuz i cant afford to throw this Pioneer deck out the window and Go buy a more user friendly one right now! I would greatly appreciate it Thank You!

So you bad mouth the owner of this site and you actually expect that will prompt people to want to help you? Really!!! Anyway I have read this post and can immediately tell you what he was likely thinking sense its exactly what Im thinking- You are not qualified to take on this yourself without probably screwing something up even worse then you already have. I doubt anyone wants to take the chance to explain only to have you mess up and then drive them crazy for a fix. I know I dont. My advise to you is to find a good install shop or service center and have it done right the first time. And in the future its probably not best to post negative comments about the moderators of this site in the public forum. Good luck.

that's funny bro! i knew absolutely nothing about red blue whatever color wires! and I was hoping a member like me could assist me with this problem every other forum i've been on like my is 300 forum where again I knew absolutely nothing but I've already installed a window motor lining on the other window and Fog light hyper white conversion! On this site with the little bit of instruction I got from Jason I looked up the stock wiring harness to find out what he meant by constant and switched power! I found it and then hooked up the bypass and installed the navigation and speaker wires on my own before I even joined this site! I joined this site for instruction on the bypass and slowly started finding problems with the already broken head unit I got for cheap! so the funny thing is I haven't destroyed anything and I've taught myself almost everything i've learned in the 27 years of my life buddy! And that's not Bad mouthing it's the truth a forum is created for members to figure things out amongst each other and help and assist problems and procedures and like a puzzle with all the pieces you can turn nothing into something! Most of us have jobs and although we would love to be professional installers I think I would rather stick to my own profession and play with this as a hobby or really I just want a DVD Player in my car to watch movies and do all the things any other DVD player will do and I refuse to spend 300$ for some other cutting corners installers at car toys to do cuz nothing good has come from them unless your dropping thousands on custom instillation work! so when I asked Jason H. nicely what I could be doing wrong and he said look at the manual obviously I had already done that before I asked! so I said I did I don't get it and don't have the time to spend *8 hours after work and get no sleep again guess and checking till I figure it out! he again answered with the same response! It's getting annoying even listing it, but this went on for another 2 times 6 times total each time it was saying hey i'm stuck if your not gonna help don't answer and let somebody else try! But he did it to just be a Dick, so I told him straight up what he was! He has to know it after sarcastically assuming i'm stupid like you did and I couldn't handle it while repeating himself over again! And why would I be worried about posting Negative comebacks to you guys when ya'll are the one's negative to me in the first place! And you guys don't help NOBODY JOINS A AVIC411 FORUM TO HEAR LOOK AT THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!! SERIOUSLY BRO??? LIKE THAT ISN'T THE FIRST THING EVEN A CHILD WOULD REFER TO WITH INFO! And what does 411 mean???? yeah exactly! so maybe you should name the site something else! like AVIC-CHECKinstructionMANUAL and then like you said! Don't even try man cuz your not intelligent enough to do anything without messing it up more! HA HA you must really think you are king of the GeekSqaud! oh Wait is that who pays your minimum wage Mississippi state salary! Yeah Right those guys at least know what there doing and can explain it and help customers, they know how to do there Job! Go ahead Erase it, But maybe the site and members deserve to know how shitty you guys treat Members! Because they are stuck and were trying to ask questions and figure something out! when every other forum is designed for just that! But sounds like you guys would rather sit in the jerk circle!

• 6 months later...

Wow, this went south quick huh? Maybe someone could assist me with similar issue. I am looking at purchasing an X910BT from a guy that broke the USB cable off the back also. Where can I get a replacement cable? Pioneer direct or something? I have a friend that repairs electronics for a living, and on the side and said he can replace the cable, I just need to get the new cable somewhere. Any suggestions? Also, what should I pay for the unit with all this being said? the GPS antenna is missing ($30 on Ebay though).

The guy wants $225 as is. I would still have to buy the new antenna and USB cable, then have my friend repair it. He claims the unit works, but no way to test it. Kind of a gamble really I guess. But if it does work, and I can get it repaired, I'd be in it for a good price I think. I had an F90BT previously, and loved it (post update of course).

Thanks to anyone that can offer me advice. :-)