AVIC411.com

I recently installed the z130bt after my z110bt died. I had to upgrade my jailbroken 3.1.2 iphone 3gs to 4.3 to get it to work with the new unit. I can get videos to play with the bypass via dvd and sd but the videos won't play off of my iphone. I am using the cd-IU50V. If i access the ipod on my phone i get the message.... ipod accessory connected... but then I can get sound but still no video. I thought it might be the cable so i purchased the cd-IU51V and nothing changed. I can get videos to play through the video input and using TV Out application. Its a lot of settings to go through just to get videos to work. Has anyone else had a problem getting videos to play from their ipod/iphone? I never had any playback issues with the z110bt. I would appreciate any possible solution or ideas.

I'm having the same problem as ikelove500, I can get audio but no video at all, I have a Z110 upgraded to a Z130. I've tried all the settings possible. I'm on ipod in the avi settings. Don't know if this would matter but I'm using an ipod instead of a iphone. (connected over wifi ofcourse) I get pandora to work, aha radio works. just no video. Am I missing something. My cable is also a genuine pioneer from a dealer. Any HELP would be greatly appreciated

I'm having the same problem as ikelove500, I can get audio but no video at all, I have a Z110 upgraded to a Z130. I've tried all the settings possible. I'm on ipod in the avi settings. Don't know if this would matter but I'm using an ipod instead of a iphone. (connected over wifi ofcourse) I get pandora to work, aha radio works. just no video. Am I missing something. My cable is also a genuine pioneer from a dealer. Any HELP would be greatly appreciated

Try toggling "APP" mode. And in the TvOut2 app, make sure "TV OFF" is the only thing highlighed. You only need this app if the app you are trying to use doesn't support the TVOut fucntionality (e.g. early versions of the Netflix app, HBO app, etc.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The Z130BT seperates the 30-pin connector of the 4S model (or below) by branching out to USB and analog sound cables.  That being said, you're going to need the 30-pin to lightning adapter, WITH the iPod cable for that Pioneer radio, to get video to play.  Please be aware that video will not be HD whatsoever.

I've only had video work from an iPhone when it was my 3GS. It never has worked with the 5 or now the 6+. So go to this link and look for info on upgrading to 5.1. You will need 3 new cables/adapters and video will be in the AppRadio but then music will only play via another app. Check out the Pioneer website for the Z140 and look for firmware 5.1. Once you have followed the link above, and upgraded to 5.0, you can then do the 5.1 upgrade on a Z130BT. I have not done this because of the hassle of playing music through a sub par app, but maybe your ok with it? There is an 11 page PDF on the Pioneer site under the Z140 firmware link that will explain all the cables and downsides to this update.