AVIC411.com

F900BT sound problems

Last week when I went on a road trip, i noticed the sound from both my right side of speakers and front left were off. Figured it was a loose wire so as i was driving, I was going to turn the car off/on. I poped it in neutral and as i turned the motor off, the right side turned on. So figured it's a loose wire somewhere because my front driver side still didn't work. Playback of music was all from iphone.

Later that day after a pit stop, I got back in the car and my right side wasn't working again. To see if it was in all modes, i switched from iphone source to CD. Lo and behold, all speakers but front left work. Same with SD card source. A soon as I switch back to iphone source, the right side died again.

I restarted the car and cleaned the iphone connection wire and now all speakers but driver left work in all modes. I don't know if it's a loose wire or if my radio is starting to die. Anyone have any ideas?

Just to clarify something, when I say my speakers "off," a little bit of sound was coming out of them. Not music, but like little muffled noises of the song. It wasn't understandable and I had to mute all the other speakers in the car to hear the noise so it was very very low sound.

• 3 weeks later...

Who installed the unit? If you did check make sure harness and all wires are properly tapped/soldered if by installer they should fix this. This sounds like an install problem otherwise it would be a unit issue maybe with its power output to speakers in any case not much help any people here can prob give.