AVIC411.com

new Navtec for the 940 how is it do you like it ?

ah

i will search more threw the complaints now to read on what it is

hopeing my bad reading skills still alow me

but are the complaints about

takeing to wrong placess

takeing longer directions

or just different routs be requested or adresses missing

less POI's then they thouhgt ?

also has anyone who has the unit mentioned if it shows speed limites on roads you drive ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a 930, and I've only had my 940 for a few days and the only gripe I have is that the street name is not usually spoken when it gives me directions. The street name of the next turn is displayed on the screen only (unless I've missed some configuration setup for it). I guess I'm a little disappointed in the POIs. On the one hand while waiting parked in a mall lot, it didn't list the older Shell gas station (that I always go to) less than a block away, but on the other hand, it did list a slew of things I didn't realize were near by. I think you can add new POI so I'm not terribly upset about it.

I've never had a 930, and I've only had my 940 for a few days and the only gripe I have is that the street name is not usually spoken when it gives me directions. The street name of the next turn is displayed on the screen only (unless I've missed some configuration setup for it). I guess I'm a little disappointed in the POIs. On the one hand while waiting parked in a mall lot, it didn't list the older Shell gas station (that I always go to) less than a block away, but on the other hand, it did list a slew of things I didn't realize were near by. I think you can add new POI so I'm not terribly upset about it.

you have to go into settings. And change to text to speech.

Maybe I'm clueless, but I can't find anything that implies a text to speech setting. When you touch "Settings" on the main screen, the options that would apply are "Navi Settings (Connection Status, 3D Calibration Status, Gas Mileage, Drive Log Settings, Demo Mode, Set Home, Modify Current Location, Eco Settings), System Settings (Regional Settings, Volume, Splash Screen, Back Camera, Screen Calibration, Ilumi Color, Service Information), Map Settings (Displayed Info, Quick Access Selection, Overlay POI, View Mode, Day/Night Display, AV Guide Mode, Road Color). The other options (AV Settings, AV Sound, Bluetooth Settings, and Setting Replicator) don't have anything to do with text to speech. I even looked there.

Again, I'm asking for a SPECIFIC location.

Thanks

Thanks VBLUE42 (again). Looking at the user's manual, it's not clear that the TTS voices have anything to do with Text To Speech, though it certainly seems to (given the letters T T S). The manual mainly talks about voice control which is a feature of the Z140BH. In fact the word "speech" is not mentioned in the manual and text is not used in relation to nav. I've set it for my car, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll see how it works.

Thanks again for the tip!