AVIC411.com

better for Z130: iPod Classic or iPod Touch?

I currently am running an older iPod Classic and its been giving me problems. Will probably have to get a new one soon. Is there any benefit to running an iPod touch over the classic? I have an iPhone but I like to have a dedicated device for music and not worry about plugging and unplugging my phone.

Thanks in advance!

I also have problems connecting my iPod Classic to my Z130. Like you, I want to keep dedicated music device constantly connected. Also, I like having all my music with me and an iPhone or an iPod touch does not have enough capacity. My problem occurs a couple times a week. Randomly, the iPod will reset and start playing the first song listed under the first artist. This will happen either when the unit starts or when changing playlists. I've done a hard reset and restored the iPod a couple times, but the problem continues. It's quite annoying, but not annoying enough to buy another iPod.

Touch because it's flash based. Over time a Classic will suffer hard disk damage due to shocks from the road.

Not true, I had mine for 4 plus years before I sold it and it received less shock movement to it in the glove box then it did being carried around as a portable MP3 player.

Not true, I had mine for 4 plus years before I sold it and it received less shock movement to it in the glove box then it did being carried around as a portable MP3 player.

My classic suffered damage after 1 year of usage in a car. It was still usable but I had to refresh it so it would no longer use the "bad" sectors.

Touch because it's flash based. Over time a Classic will suffer hard disk damage due to shocks from the road.

Based upon my experience with my older iPod classic and my new one - I think that the constant vibrations of being in a car does lead to hard disc issues. Of course my cars have very stiff suspensions. My hard drive on my old iPod finally gave up the ghost after having it in the car for several years. My new iPod classic in my current car which is hooked up to the Z130 randomly freezes and needs to be rebooted. It works flawlessly everywhere else. So I recently replaced it with an iTouch and so far no problems at all. I tend to agree having a hard drive in a car isn't that good of an idea.