AVIC411.com

jump from z110 to z140

Hello all! I'm brand new to the forum and as you may see by my questions, a n00b. I was wondering if anyone could help with the following-

I currently have the z110. Is there any hardware differences between this and the new z140? If not, and it is just software, how and where can I get the upgrade? If it isn't out yet, where would i look to find it?

Thank you all for your time!

As a noob please take the time to search the forum and browse the sections that pertain to your unit. You will find many questions you may have already answered including the ones you have asked here. Also answers to many topics about the new unit can be answered in the topics covering the previous years unit sense the hardware is practically the same for all of these units. That being said, the hardware from the 110 to 120 is exactly the same and was slightly upgraded from 120 to 130 to include the built in HD tuner of the 130. However the software map upgrades released every year around May through July will upgrade your unit from where it is now including any software added features to the currant available unit minus hardware differences of course.

I went from the x920bt to the z140bh, other then the screen size I actually feel I went backwords in terms of features and quality. I can't return the unit so im going to resell it on amazon or ebay.

I went ahead and bought a z120bt and bought the 2011 3.0 update. I really need the 4 volt output and I really want the voice recognition for address entry. So this seems to be the best choice too bad I couldn't of thought of that before and saved the time/money.