AVIC411.com

videos and sd card

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually take the cached video and add an .FLV extension. Then with the Mac and Perian installed, I transcode using MPEG Streamclip into an MP4. I'm sure there are other PC apps that will convert FLV>MP4. I have a PC but choose to use the Mac for this as I know it works. As for the post above with KeepVid, SaveVId, it seems like a great idea but haven't been able to get it to work yet. I'll try again as that saves all these steps!

OK, tried your SaveVid method again and got it to work. I was denying access to the Java Applet I believe but it works pretty well now and saves having to do all the manual steps. Too bad YouTube has such crap compression to begin with so no matter how you do it, it's not the best original quality but it's better than nothing.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

OK, tried your SaveVid method again and got it to work. I was denying access to the Java Applet I believe but it works pretty well now and saves having to do all the manual steps. Too bad YouTube has such crap compression to begin with so no matter how you do it, it's not the best original quality but it's better than nothing.

Thanks.

You want better resolution & quality from downloaded Youtube vids? Well, I suggest you download only Youtube videos that are linked to VEVO.

What I do is go to Youtube, type "VEVO" and then an artist's name, and download the official videos from the VEVO site straight to my SD card. Make sure you grab the 640x480 MP4 format (640x480 I think) but not the HD content. These vids have excellent resolution, and for the most part, they work pretty well when copied straight to the SD card. The best part is that there is no need to convert video formats.

This wont work if you try to download straight from VEVO.

• 2 months later...