AVIC411.com

X940BT Switching Source On Its Own

I have a newly purchased X940BT that I installed. Whenever I am listening to Pandora through the built-in Pandora app on the radio, the source will randomly switch to iPod and the screen goes black (like going into App Mode), and Pandora will keep playing. This is annoying because it seems to happen every other song or so. I would like it to stay on Pandora mode though, so I can give thumbs up or down, and see album art, but I constantly have to switch the Source back to Pandora. Same thing with Aha.

It also does the same thing when I am listening to FM radio. The source will randomly switch to iPod mode on its own. What could be causing this? The ipod cable is securely connected to the usb cable.

Other than that, I love the radio.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I switched from the official Pioneer cable and tried the factory iphone cable and saw it still switched sources (even though I obviously couldn't hear anything).

This is frustrating. I may send this unit back and see if I still have the same issue with a replacement.

I think I may send my unit back to Crutchfield because of this. This is a deal-breaker for me, since it makes the Pandora and Aha interfaces unusable on the radio itself. That was one of the main reasons I bought the radio.

I also wish it had the same functionality like AppRadio has, where apps other than Aha and Pandora are better integrated.

I think I may try a different unit until this issue has been resolved. I don't want to run the risk of my return period expiring without a guarantee that this will be addressed. Pioneer isn't exactly the most reliable at fixing bugs. I may revisit this unit after the firmware for this has been fixed.

Thanks for confirming this problem guys.

Amazon is also a source of knock off Chinese products that are known to cause problems in this case. As a troubleshooting measure, go to Best Buy and purchase the compatible cable for your unit and try it. If the issue goes away you know you have a cheap cable. That is the only way to know for sure as BB is a Pioneer authorized dealer and wont have Chinese knock offs. Update this thread with your findings.

i also just bought this model about two weeks ago and had it installed, i have an iphone 4 connected with the Pioneer CD-IU51V AV iPod/iPhone Cable and it was doing the same thing as mossberg had mentioned Whenever I am listening to Pandora through the built-in Pandora app on the radio, the source will randomly switch to iPod and the screen goes black (like going into App Mode), so i wrote the seller from amazon about returning the radio and he said that he spoke to the pioneer rep. about this issue of mine and pioneer rep suggested that i do a hard boot up on the iphone .....which i did ....i also removed my pandra skip app/via cydia from iphone and up to this point i havent had those issues!!!! so i think that the skip app might have been causing the conflicts with the radio..i will give it till, this coming friday to make sure if the cydia app was the problem...then i will repost again..its a great radio and i would like to keep it as long as it works properly!!!!