AVIC411.com

X940BT Switching Source On Its Own

It's been working fine lately other than occasionally needing to disconnect and reconnect my iPhone. I also can't seem to control Inrix through the advanced app interface, but google maps works fine.

The last two days, I did not get the source switching out of Pandora problem.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem returned this morning.

After I disconnected and reconnected the iphone, I didn't have the problem for the rest of my trip to work.

This is frustrating, since I cannot pinpoint the exact behavior that causes the issue. I did just update to the latest version of the AppRadio App last night on my iphone, but I don't notice any changes.

i also just did that update for appradio app. i did not notice any difference/or improvements with it. my radio just started acting up again, theres time when i select the panadora app on the radio it will not communicate with phone , it seems as it goes into a thinking

mode and never sends the message to the phone, so i have to kill the pandora app on the phone and start from scratch and after the third time it will work...i belive that there might be a conflick with os in the radio. boy it sucks that i have to get stuck this headache.

I am still having the issues, and it's getting to the point of being a safety hazard. I find myself constantly having to fiddle with the radio and/or iphone while driving since this problem started, which is dangerous. Yesterday, while driving and listening to a Playlist on iPod mode, the radio would just randomly pause itself several times and go into app mode.

I also am having an issue where Inrix traffic cannot be controlled by the screen on the X940BT. The Google Maps app I can control from the screen just fine though.

I've decided that my radio is most likely going back to Crutchfield this weekend. This thing is too big of a distraction. I want to be able to plug in my iPhone and select a source and simply leave it alone. This radio in its current state does not allow this.

• 2 weeks later...

New install 2 days ago... Getting same problem... ANy updates?? I purchased from Amazon and will be returning if this keeps happening which I suspect it will. Mine is doing it when I'm simply listening to music on my iPhone 4s... Screen goes into the all black app mode and stops playback. I have to switch back to resume play. I have about a 15 minute commute to work and it happened twice!!! Ughhhh

Well, I traded mine for a Clarion NX602. The Nav system on this unit KILLS the Pioneer! I absolutely love the 3d buildings and it is just more intuitive overall. I do miss the app functionality, but the only app I really used was Pandora (which the Clarion has Pandora integration anyway). I also wish that there was a larger user base for Clarion, so I can browse wonderful forums like this. It seems there are no Clarion forums.

The funny part about it is that the X940BT started acting properly only after I ordered the Clarion. The last few days with the Pioneer were trouble-free. Go figure.

So far (day 2), I'm happy with my choice to switch units.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up this 940. I thankfully do not have this issue, but I am using a iPod Touch 4. Pandora plays and does not switch. But Pandora sucks and I use Slacker. For Slacker - USUALLY I get the album art. Occasionally its missing but most of the time its there.

Bought 940 from Amazon. I also have the Pioneer iPod cable with factory packaging, also from Amazon. No issues.

AppRadio is another story, but I will make another thread...

Derek

Former D1 User, now X940BT