AVIC411.com

alphabetic reorder how songs/video play - FAT Table sorter

I use a 32gb card that currently has 28gb used by 2200 songs, 100 music videos, 40 misc short video and 12 full movies. Everything is well organized and easy to find to listen/watch.

There's been good discussion on organizing the structure to allow finding your music in this thread

http://avic411.com/i...__fromsearch__1

One thing that you'll notice is the play order in the pioneer stereos is not alaphabetic, date time or any file attribute for that matter as the play order is order in which the files were copied onto the memory card.

When you copy the file it adds the entry for the file to the FAT/index table and then plays them in the order it finds them in the FAT table.

Understanding this you can create direcories and add files in the order you want them to play is good but it becomes a problem when you want a part of the structure to play alphabetic and want to add content after the first create.

One option is to delete all the files and copy them back in alaphabetic order but that's not convient so I've started using a FAT sorter.

I have a music video folder with 100 songs in it and want alaphabetic... when I add one new song to the folder I don't want to delete and readd everything so I'm using a FAT table sorter to change the order in the FAT table once I add new matterial to the card.

http://www.holostek....FatSorter-1.0.4

Very simple and works well.