AVIC411.com

z11 to z14 upgrade?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who have updated, I have a few questions:

1) Is the 3D navigation actually worth anything or is it still Nintendo-esque 8-bit crapola?

2) Do cities still have names of subrubs in parenthesis after them? It makes it nearly impossible to figure out which city to choose when trying to navigate there! For example, with the 130BT software, navigating to Lincoln, Nebraska, gives you half a dozen cities to choose from and only trial and error will tell you which to choose. It's quite crappy, actually.

3) Are roads drawn smoother? I figure that if the answer to 1 is "no", then the answer to this is also "no" since the same rendering engine is probably still used. What bugs me most are the cornered curves...

1 and 3 are no. Still the same lame garbage as before.

Well poop on that. I originally bought Pioneer because I've had good luck with them in the past, but maybe I should change? I'm looking at Alpine's high-end head units, but I don't see any clear mention of whether they will sort music and show album art, etc., only for an iProduct or if from any source. I don't suppose you'd know? I wouldn't bother changing it out just for the navigation if I won't get other features to make up for the loss of voice recognition for navigation. I've also been told their navigation setup is even more out-dated than Pioneer's - even if it is prettier - but I'm not sure how much I believe that.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...