AVIC411.com

D3 showing 0-186mph??? 2006 Avalanche (searched)

Hello! Been creeping for awhile before I purchased my d3. Hooked it up myself after a lot of research and everything works great besides the speedometer reading on the unit. I hooked the VSS wire to the dark/green wire on my instrument cluster...I believe it was PIN A4. Does anybody have a solution to this issue? Besides that, I believe my nav would be good to go as well as everything else. Love this unit! Thanks or the help in advance! -Jason

• 1 month later...

couple of things...

first, are you sure that you got the right wire? did you test it with a meter to verify that it is outputting a VSS signal?

second, did you reset the unit and allow it time to relearn the cars signal and calibrate itself? (i am assuming that this was a used unit, it may just need to re calibrate as the signal from this car may be different that the signal from the old car)

also, a lot of newer cars dont use the old kind of VSS signal, they use a digital signal that the avics cant understand. this is why the proper harness for mid 2000's and newer gm trucks have such an expensive harness, the harness has a computer module that reads all of the computer commands from the trucks Can Bus and then converts it to something the the radio can understand (ACC, VSS, reverse, and parking brake are all things that this harness needs to convert)