AVIC411.com

Hello all I just purchased a 2008 avic-z3 for what I thought was a good deal, but now I realize I need to buy additional adapter cables for the bluetooth and ipod to work with my deck. I just have a few questions about which specific adapters I will need and where I should order them from. I have looked on the Pioneer website and found the cables I think I need but i am having trouble finding them for sale anywhere. Here's a look at what i have found, the bluetooth adapter

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Bluetooth/ND-BT1

and the ipod adapter

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IB100II

With the ipod adapter, will it charge my iphone 4? or play video? and will the iphone then be controlled by the deck not the phone?

Do you know of any other adapters that would do the same job for me or am I on the right track and do I just need to hunt down these 2 adapters to get everything sorted out. Also any other tips or advice for someone who has never owned a navigation unit before and is just installing the avic-z3 into their vehicle would be much appreciated.

Thank You!!

Those are the adapters you will need if you can find them. The iPod adapter may charge the i4 but it is doubtful. And that adapter does not support video. It should allow you to control from the head unit but it is very clunky and has slow operation.

My advice, get rid of that 2006 technology and get a Z130/140.