AVIC411.com

it kinda looks like the unit always thinks that the car is in reverse, and only the camera is coming on when in reverse and shutting off when not in reverse.

from the video, that looks like a G6 right?

if it is a g6, what harness did you use?

where did you connect the AVIC's reverse wire too? was it too the reverse wire in the harness?

you might need to disconnect the wire, and then go into the menu and switch the setting for the wire's polarity, then reconnect the wire if th epolarity setting is wrong from what the wire outputs, it can lock a radio into camera mode.

this is just my first guess with the info given.

mad props thou on making a video, that a hell of a lot better than the piss poor discriptions a lot of people here give!

after looking a the video a few more times, i do think that this might really be the case.

where did you get power for the camera? i would like to know, if the camera is powered up all the time (for testing only) or hooked up to ACC (the camera is on all the time when the radio is on) if the camera will show when the car is started before it is put into reverse, if this is the case, then it is the setting (92% sure)

1loudls, it is a g6. I used a standard wirieing harness from car toys. i did the reverse avic to reverse harness yes. hmmm i have tried switching the polarity without disconnecting the wire(why would i have to do that?) and it only works on ground. the power for the camera is a wire by the back left tail light that only is given power when in reverse.

hmmm i have tried switching the polarity without disconnecting the wire(why would i have to do that?)

because if the setting is wrong, and the unit is showing the camera all the time, there is usually no way to get out of the camera screen and into the menu, disconecting the wire allows the unit to stop showing the camera to get into the menu.

i would use a multimeter to verify that the reverse wires you tapped into does infact only show "ground" when the car is put into reverse, because if the wire shows ground any other time (or all the time) then you have the wrong wire and this is causing your problem.

now if the reverse wire you tapped into does test right, and your setting is correct, the only thing else i can think of would be a defective unit, either a problem with the voltage sencing circuit or a glitch in the software.

more testing to figure out the problem:

now with it hooked up exactly like it is now and with the setting still set to ground. unhook the reverse wire just from the avic. then turn on the ignition. now

if this problem was with the AVIC it would still do the same problem

BUT, if it starts up like normal, wait a few seconds then shift it into reverse AND then touch and hold the AVIC's reverse wire to the metal body of the radio.

does it switch from the main screen to the camera?

if yes, untouch the AVIC's reverse wire from the body of the radio, does it do back to the normal screen like it should?

if it does, this will prove that the AVIC is working perfectly fine, and show that your problem is either a setting, the wrong wire, or both.

• 3 weeks later...

if, with the reverse wire disconnected completely, it is still behaving exactly like it does in the video, you probably have an issue with your AVIC itself. i would remove it completely from the car and hook it up on a bench and test all of its functions, if found defective, you will probably have to send it to pioneer to have it repaired, hopefully it is still under warranty (unless it is new enough to just be returned to the place you bought it from) if it is working perfectly outside of the car, then it is probably time to take it somewhere and have it diagnosed.

afterthought, when you say that the reverse wire is disconnected, do you mean from where it is tapped into away from the radio or is the wire cut at the radio? the only reason that i ask this is because it is possible that if the reverse wire is ran somewhere away from the radio, it could have gotten pinched when the car was reassembled which could be triggering the reverse screen.