AVIC411.com

I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere online. I hooked a brand new ND-BC5 rearview camera to the appradio and every time I click the camera "on" by manually pressing the button, it won't go off. Not after the car is shut off, even if for more than a day, and is restarted, it always comes back on to the camera mode. Makes the radio and everything else useless and I have to do a hard restart, resetting all my stuff. Pioneer claims they have never heard of such a problem. Said it wasn't cutting off because I hadn't hooked up the pink reverse line. I told them I didn't care about it coming on when I went in reverse, I just wanted to be able to turn it on and off as I please, which is how it is advertised. I don't even know what wire I would tie into? I've done all the work and I'm not going to pay $80 for Best Buy to hook up 1 wire that shouldn't have anything to do with the other part working. Has anyone heard of this problem? BTW I'm running version 2.22 if that has any bearing on things.

• 4 months later...

I also have this problem, since i mistakenly chose the 'Normal (gnd)' option. Only thing is, even resetting the unit does not allow me to access the settings to change it back, each time i reset, it goes through the boot up, asks me to confirm my language, then goes straight onto the rear view screen - no amount of button pushing makes any difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I also have this problem, since i mistakenly chose the 'Normal (gnd)' option. Only thing is, even resetting the unit does not allow me to access the settings to change it back, each time i reset, it goes through the boot up, asks me to confirm my language, then goes straight onto the rear view screen - no amount of button pushing makes any difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

i have this same problem! someone please help!!!

SOLUTION:

I finally found out how to remedy this....

On Appradio 1 (SPH-DA01), take the pink (reverse) wire behind your radio, and touch it to a 12 volt source (cigarette lighter/accessory), it will take you back to the main screen on your appradio. Then, just go in settings, and change the normal (grnd) to Normal. Wah Lah! Crisis averted. Hope this helps.