AVIC411.com

F900BT UK ver in need of tlc + update ?

Hi like many here again I too have forgotten how to do most of these mods, but I last did an update before unit fitted about 18 months ok.

NO faults as such but my unit has become VERY slow and lags. Takes a few minutes to boot. Sometimes it freezes and takes a few minutes for any button press to catch up. Then it goes into a route direction mode by itself.

I've deleted all logs I can find and tried a reset but hasn't helped. Sometimes it takes forever to start up. No boot loops or anything but it seems the cpu is on 1/4 speed. ??? I've got into explorer mode and realised I have more maps than I need but there also seems to be plenty of memory.

I've thought about bringing it up to date again but reluctant to use official updates and get all the nag screens back :(

I'm also lost and out of touch with what is actually new here any more or just continuation of old mods.

I just want a good fast basic unit that at least does what its supposed to.

List below are system details I just got.

If anyone could please have a look and tell me what can and should be updated (from where) very grateful thanks.

I have copy and back up of all.

UK ver F900bt

platform 6228

app ver 3.020200

uCom ver .08.09

mech ver 02.01.05.00

maps 090428

winCE5

cpu type Arm 1136 J

Ram 239236