AVIC411.com

Bypassed DVD works, Navigation Address grayed out

So having an odd issue and maybe someone on here will have a soluton or alternative option for me to try. This is my 3rd D3 install and everyone has worked fine after doing the bypass found on the forum here. This D3 was in another truck before that I installed and the bypass worked fine. Moved it to another car after sitting in a closet for 8 months, and now I'm having issues.

The unit allows DVD's to play and while in motion (0 - 60+ MPH and DVD still plays fine), however no matter what speed, the address search and several other functions in the Navi menu are greyed out and unavailable. My instict would be ok bypass issue. Mute wire is in the correct pin position and grounded. Check with a meter and it's seeing proper ground at the plug. For good measure, I cut it, soldered again to ground once again. Check with meter, see's ground. I checked the parking brake and it shows ground on a meter. For fun, did the same thing, re-grounded it to ensure it was seeing ground.

So after trying this and trying reset as well as factory reset menu option, still cannot get to the address search and other options in the Navi menu. Again DVD's play fine while in motion, so I'm at a loss as to what may be the issue. I tried another navi disc from my other car with a D3 and nothing different so doesn't seem to be a disc issue (And yes these are real discs, not copies).

Connection menus shows that parking break is on, GPS signal is good and using the map feature it is correctly seeing where I am in the city while driving around, so it seems that would rule out any issue with the antenna. The antenna is mounted in the interior or the car and was on the previous car too, so I know there's not cuts/nicks in the cable to cause any antenna connection issues.

So with this, I'm not sure what else I can try. I went into the calibration menu and cleared everything back to 0. Drove it around some more to let it re-calibrate and after over 100 miles no change in regards to the Navi menu options. Again DVD's work fine and I've never seen any message regarding the parking break as one would see if they didn't have the unit bypassed.

Has anyone ever had this issue or have any ideas on another reset option that was not listed in the manual (ie: the button that needs a pin tip to press on the front of the unit)?

I'm at a loss at this time as to what else to try. Obviously it would sound as if it was a bypass issue, but I've triple checked the connections for this and they are solid, plus DVD's play just fine when in motion.

Thanks in advance.