AVIC411.com

Disconnected iPhone - broke the plug - screen goes white?

I unplugged my iPhone and somehow the plug went in two pieces. At the same time the screen went blank/white and is not responding to any resets or memory card with software update.

Any fix for that? I'm trying to put the plug back together but looks like I broke one plastic piece holding it together. Don't ask me how.

tia

Since you got it off EBay, you will need to contact Pioneer. I don't know of an aftermarket video cable that works 100% with the appradio. Just tell Pioneer your AppRadio model and that your Iphone audio\video cable has broken. You may be able to get another under warrenty I you Ebay guy is an authorized reseller. But chances are you will have to pay for it.....

It will fix your white screen.........Good luck.

i remember even in my avic F700...i've change every year the composite cable for iphone....and i'm really worried about when mine will get "broken"...

what about the cable jive to prevent the original connection from broke ?

i think for an alternative , but don't know what....a dock would be great, but...don't exist...?

• 3 weeks later...

So i've been going back and forth getting this cable through a warranty and still no success. In a meantime I took the connector and separated the plug again:

d1c21655.jpg

373f7ead.jpg

bdeac3cf.jpg

723a19dd.jpg

d1c21655.jpg

any electricians here? is there any way to solder it back together?

now, to take the whole console out to remove the cable, ship it back, put the console back together, wait for the cable to come in 10-12 days and then take the console apart again to install the cable... such a pain. would be much easier just to solder what needs to be done, since i'm sure i broke something that causes it.

I broke mine as well. Go to the Pioneer site and then to parts on-line sales and call them. They show they don't have them in stock, but for broken cables they can get one. I broke mine versus it falling apart do I didn't try to warranty it. but it came with a packet to send it back in for warranty.

I broke mine as well. Go to the Pioneer site and then to parts on-line sales and call them. They show they don't have them in stock, but for broken cables they can get one. I broke mine versus it falling apart do I didn't try to warranty it. but it came with a packet to send it back in for warranty.

Did your screen go blank like mine?

No, it just wouldn't connect to my iPhone. Have you unplugged the cable at the back of the AppRadio?

I have not. I'll try doing that tomorrow.

Pioneer agreed to take my old cable under one thing: "Upon receipt of the cable here, we will ship a replacement cable to you. We reserve the right to rescind this offer if evaluation reveals other than a manufacturing defect."

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried disconnecting your car battery for a minute or so to reset the radio?

I just did. No luck.

I called Pionner and they were no help at all. Told me to send the unit back but then asked for my purchase receipt which I don't have. I thought they were all covered under warranty since they came out last year in June.