AVIC411.com

Avic-Z2 Moving slow/freezing

I have been reading thru the forums and everyone states that this is more then likely the HD going bad. But I also read some of the posts that they replaced the HD and still moved slow. Hoping someone can help. Is the motherboard famous for failing on these? I have had this radio for a while and just moved from one veh. to another and this is the 1st time i have had this problem. All the options are slow reacting and slow delay with everything. And has someone ever used this ebay seller for an HD upgrade.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140717827474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If i purchase this HD is it just remove the old one and slide the new one in? Do I have to completly take the unit out of the veh. or can i have it pluged in with the key in the off position. Thank you

I would first try a full level 4 reset.....

Re the harddisk, you don't have to remove the HU. You can just replace it with the screen folded down....

re new drive, check here, recommended by all on this forum:

http://avic411.com/i...ives-2010-maps/

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/14650-service-update-your-avic-z123-hdd-to-2010-maps-50/

thank you guys for all the great help. Looks like the level 4 reset has done the job. I was reading thru the manual and it said more then likely a bad recording into the HD. And maybe you guys can answer this i had a cd in and it was not fully recorded and i shut the veh. off then it started recording again and i shut the car off again before it finished could this have given a corrupt file somewhere?

Just wondering nothing important. Thank you

Glad it's working again :-)

Re recording a cd, it shouldn't matter, usually it just continues where it left off... However, things can always go wrong of course, though it's quite unlikely ;)

I'd sooner expect a problem with one of the stored settings or so, which were now re-initialised after the reset

Cool thank you again. I will try to burn a cd on there and hope everything goes well. Now if I had done this reset would it have reset my Sirius Satt. Radio as far as me having to call them to activate it again? I still have not activated it since I put it in this veh. and was wondering if this reset is done if thats something that would have to be called back in.

Thank you again for all your help

i really appreciate it