AVIC411.com

MSN DIrect gone! Is there any code we can use for Traffic Flow??

Hi Everyone:

I used MSN Direct until Jan 2012 when they discontinued doing the service. Is there any codes out there that we can put in Avic series to alert us on traffic jams, weather etc that can replace the old MSN Direct or tuner for F90BT?

I know some GPS units uses the Info that comes off the Freeway Signs that alert drivers how long it will take to get to the next major freeway etc. It would be nice to know the info if there is construction zones or traffic jam on your route so you can change routes.

Any info would be great!

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

^yep, your radio has a MSN Direct receiver, MSN is no longer broadcasting anything for that receiver to pick up, your unit also does not have any other receivers to pick up any other signals.

what really grinds my gears is that pioneer took away the ability to use the traffic information from XM so that you HAD to use MSN (probably due to a large sum of money from Microsoft) and now that Microsoft has abandoned their service, i think they should pay for pioneer to develop a fix!