AVIC411.com

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting. I heard this was being worked on and It's cool to finally see it in action.

We've had video mirroring for years, but passing touchscreen commands outside of apps is new. Obviously this will require a jailbroken device.

yes!!!!!!!!! this is what ive been waiting for!! i almost went with the mimics module but figured i would wait til some figured this out! i even email custom gadz to see if they knew a way and they didnt seem interested! only that they would have a list of aftermarket headunits that worked with there module!

EDIT: if you watch the video close enough were the carrier is usually displayed it says " customgadz" the makers of the mimics module. so it seems too me they verified it worked with their module and that the app radio is a 4 wire touch screen or ,i emailed them a few months ago and asked them about re writting the bluetooth software in the appradio itself to work with their mimics driver which i hope is what they did so all you have to do is load a new sd card/ download the driver and bam! it works

EDIT: if you watch the video close enough were the carrier is usually displayed it says " customgadz" the makers of the mimics module. so it seems too me they verified it worked with their module and that the app radio is a 4 wire touch screen or ,i emailed them a few months ago and asked them about re writting the bluetooth software in the appradio itself to work with their mimics driver which i hope is what they did so all you have to do is load a new sd card/ download the driver and bam! it works

You're right... I really hope this is just a software hack that doesn't require a mimics module. Using mimics would prevent bluetooth phone calls..

You're right... I really hope this is just a software hack that doesn't require a mimics module. Using mimics would prevent bluetooth phone calls..

yea this is what started to turn me away from the first solution from them. I also noticed bluetooth was active durning the video and that if you slow the video down enough you can see they have a calibrate app for the screen and there is a whole folder named "hacks" so it might just be apps/drivers. also when they went into their setting app the mimics driver wasnt there and there was no mimics driver icon in the upper right hand corner which leaves me to hope that its just software.