AVIC411.com

if you cant use the handsfree it defeats the purpose of this all together, whats the point if I cant use the bluetooth option, totally pointless, also this will invalidate your warranty on the app radio.

Okay you can control the iphone from the touchscreen great but loose functionality of one of the most important parts of the unit, the handsfree bluetooth option for safe driving.

Sorry but total fail, Mikes option is by far the better option as it leaves the functionality intact.

If your unit is out of warranty maybe otherwise not a hope.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you cant use the handsfree it defeats the purpose of this all together, whats the point if I cant use the bluetooth option, totally pointless, also this will invalidate your warranty on the app radio.

Okay you can control the iphone from the touchscreen great but loose functionality of one of the most important parts of the unit, the handsfree bluetooth option for safe driving.

Sorry but total fail, Mikes option is by far the better option as it leaves the functionality intact.

If your unit is out of warranty maybe otherwise not a hope.

Totally agree with you. And they want £130+ for us to loose Bluetooth... No thanks

Totally agree with you. And they want £130+ for us to loose Bluetooth... No thanks

i think you can't find software way many month after... (i mean with fast performance) and who knows, maybe we can find the way to use hands free and upgrade our firmware.... hehe

i think you can't find software way many month after... (i mean with fast performance) and who knows, maybe we can find the way to use hands free and upgrade our firmware.... hehe

i dont use handsfree option becouse i use iPod :) and when i used iPhone i was bored... becouse appradio mic option - bull shit sound...

i dont use handsfree option becouse i use iPod :) and when i used iPhone i was bored... becouse appradio mic option - bull shit sound...

and i was tried to resolve this trouble with mic... but have no good hardware way, and have no way with appradio plus developing

Well in the case of your argument whats the point in anyone buying an app radio when they can get a touchscreen for less and do the same with a similar module.

although your work is appreciated, reduced functionality is a no no, as most of us require by law to have a handsfree kit and adding an extra kit to fullfill that is pretty stupid.

I wouldn't call it "stupid" as that is somewhat inflammatory, and it would be doing a disjustice to the good work that they've done. What might need to happen is a come to solution that can dynamically switch sources when called to do so. With the hackradio having a software daemon listening for touch events on the iPhone, perhaps it could be made to look for phone calls, and on receiving one switch the Bluetooth source to the radio side of things, no need in tying up Bluetooth with the hands free feature if you only talk on the phone occasionally, right?

I see a great opportunity here,

I wouldn't call it "stupid" as that is somewhat inflammatory, and it would be doing a disjustice to the good work that they've done. What might need to happen is a come to solution that can dynamically switch sources when called to do so. With the hackradio having a software daemon listening for touch events on the iPhone, perhaps it could be made to look for phone calls, and on receiving one switch the Bluetooth source to the radio side of things, no need in tying up Bluetooth with the hands free feature if you only talk on the phone occasionally, right?

I see a great opportunity here,

we are trying to resolve bluetooth trouble...

Someone asked why hackradio mod cheaper than original Mimics, just original mimics is a universal solution that caters for many different type of installations where the hackradio mod is designed specifically for the AppRadio, meaning less parts and specific features for hackradio use :P

Someone asked why hackradio mod cheaper than original Mimics, just original mimics is a universal solution that caters for many different type of installations where the hackradio mod is designed specifically for the AppRadio, meaning less parts and specific features for hackradio use :P

oh nice well done then!