AVIC411.com

AVIC Z140BH: Report your bugs here.

Another issue I have noticed. My old JVC Nav unit would display a incoming text message on the screen. You could not reply via the screen but you can at least view them. Is there any way to do this with the Z140BH? Still need to verify 100% that the Pac remote interface will work with the Z140BH. I really miss my remote and it also helps keep the head unit from showing wear and tear. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another issue I have noticed. My old JVC Nav unit would display a incoming text message on the screen. Is there any way to do this with the Z140BH?

No.

Still need to verify 100% that the Pac remote interface will work with the Z140BH.

It works.

I need some help with another issue. I have a video on my IPHone that plays just fine. This video was posted on YouTube. When I connect the 4S to the Z140BH proper IPhone cable, the video is listed under the video playlist, but when I go to play the video it only plays the music, no video at all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks ahead for the help.

Kevin

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I do have a question about this HU. Is it supposed to only name the larger streets on the unit? I have zoomed all the way in to .1 miles and it rarely if ever lists cross street names. Also is there some anticipated hack for this unit to get rid of the warning message you must click ok on when you start the unit up?

Dave

Is the voice recognition system better with the 140BH than the 130BT? I'm tired of the lame standard response e-mails from Pioneer support that never give straight answers or accomplish anything (as others have said is their experience as well for years). It cannot understand the difference between "Audio" and "Naudia" in the names of my contact list, for example.

As VBlue 42 has mentioned my buddy came over last night and we installed the Pac WRI-P remote interface and the Z140bh works fantastic with it. I can't believe Pioneer thought that removing the remote was a good move. What a bunch of idiots!! Sorry but it's true.

I am having a problem with my 140bh randomly switching sources while I am connected to the Pioneer cable. I have had this HU for a couple of months and did have the OEM pioneer cable attached for my iphone. However, as of late I am having some oddball issues with it. When I first got it, it would work fine, I would connect my Iphone 4s to my HU and it would control all my sources fine, pandora, aha, and my appradio apps also seemed fine.

However, as of late I am having a continually worsening problem where it decides to switch sources on me in mid drive. I make sure the cable was properly docked and seemed tight. However as I am driving it will randomly switch out of the source it is on, usually kick into IPOD mode or APP mode so the screen goes blank.

For instance, I could be listening to Pandora in HU control mode and then it will switch to IPOD mode on its own, I have to hit the HU control icon to get it to come back to pandora again. Either that or it will switch back to the phone APP mode while running in HU control mode. It seems to be getting progressively worse. At first I thought perhaps it was the cable coming loose but it seems to be on tight. Could it be the cable is bad? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I did recently did the IOS 5.1 update but it didnt seem to make it better or worse.

My other thought is could it be that he cable has come loose inside my dash perhaps?

I will be asking my original installer to look at it but this is driving me insance, I cannot maintain one source while driving. As soon as I start driving a lil bit it switches to other modes whithout me messing with it. The steering wheel controls seem fine so I dont think it stems from there.

My feeling is that it is the cable and not the HU that is having an issue. If I switch to Bluetooth control of my Iphone 4s, will I still be able to control my apps like before onscreen and on phone as well?

Necro

*Updated 7/12/12

So after wrestling with this issue for weeks I think I have the problem solved but not licked completely. It seems that it IS the cable that is my problem. The teeth in the tip of the cable that connects/locks into place the Iphone/Ipod from the HU does not always lock into place correctly. I have to fiddle with the ipod and pull on it once i connect it to make sure both "teeth" clip into phone. If I pull and one side comes loose, then it will lose it's current settings while using pandora.

If I pull on the cord and I can feel it catches the teeth it seems ok. However, if I pull and one side or the other starts coming off then it will jump from the HU controlled Pandora to the IPOD controlled pandora with no HU readout.

So yes, it seems that the pioneer cables are a little flimsy at the connector so be careful when removing it, if it splits or comes apart at the tip you could be introuble as the teeth on the tip have to also lock into place for it to work correctly. I may need to get a new cable to fix the tip. Not cheap either. Ugh...

*Update August 14th 2012

So being that I have looked at the pioneer cable quite a bit I finally pried the tip (connector) of the cable apart to try to fix it. Once I carefully split in in half I was able to adjust the two sideways teeth that clamp onto the iphone so that they are sticking out correctly on each side. It seems that the teeth were being worn so that when I pinched it they would retract but not come back out. So once I bent them back out again and closed the tip the cable works flawlessly.

Now I am just very very careful when clipping to the connector and removing. Squeeze the release gently and the teeth wont wear out so fast.

I am no longer having issues playing video or pandora or the readout swapping out on me in transit.

I hope this helps anyone else having issues with the cable tips.

Edited by necro23
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 3 weeks old Z-140, I live in Canada and have the following problems:

1- DVD player stopped reading my discs

2- The RDS does not show any info

3- The Traffic station list is always empty. Very little traffic info available even in Toronto area

4- The worst one is that to fix the DVD, Pioneer is asking my to uninstall, box and ship the 3 weeks old $1500 unit to them at MY expense.

I contacted Pioneer Canada to see if they can help I will be very disappointed if they fail to do better. This is the Top of the Line Pioneer unit afterall and such poor workmanship/quality that failed in such short time.

I have a 3 weeks old Z-140, I live in Canada and have the following problems:

1- DVD player stopped reading my discs

2- The RDS does not show any info

3- The Traffic station list is always empty. Very little traffic info available even in Toronto area

4- The worst one is that to fix the DVD, Pioneer is asking my to uninstall, box and ship the 3 weeks old $1500 unit to them at MY expense.

I contacted Pioneer Canada to see if they can help I will be very disappointed if they fail to do better. This is the Top of the Line Pioneer unit afterall and such poor workmanship/quality that failed in such short time.

You can always use the negative threads on forums like these to encourage them to help. For as much money as they charge (and make!) for each head unit there should be very few problems. Bad publicity can go a long way!

I am having a problem with my 140bh randomly switching sources while I am connected to the Pioneer cable. I have had this HU for a couple of months and did have the OEM pioneer cable attached for my iphone. However, as of late I am having some oddball issues with it. When I first got it, it would work fine, I would connect my Iphone 4s to my HU and it would control all my sources fine, pandora, aha, and my appradio apps also seemed fine.

However, as of late I am having a continually worsening problem where it decides to switch sources on me in mid drive. I make sure the cable was properly docked and seemed tight. However as I am driving it will randomly switch out of the source it is on, usually kick into IPOD mode or APP mode so the screen goes blank.

For instance, I could be listening to Pandora in HU control mode and then it will switch to IPOD mode on its own, I have to hit the HU control icon to get it to come back to pandora again. Either that or it will switch back to the phone APP mode while running in HU control mode. It seems to be getting progressively worse. At first I thought perhaps it was the cable coming loose but it seems to be on tight. Could it be the cable is bad? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I did recently did the IOS 5.1 update but it didnt seem to make it better or worse.

My other thought is could it be that he cable has come loose inside my dash perhaps?

I will be asking my original installer to look at it but this is driving me insance, I cannot maintain one source while driving. As soon as I start driving a lil bit it switches to other modes whithout me messing with it. The steering wheel controls seem fine so I dont think it stems from there.

My feeling is that it is the cable and not the HU that is having an issue. If I switch to Bluetooth control of my Iphone 4s, will I still be able to control my apps like before onscreen and on phone as well?

Necro

Update?

I just had a the Z140BH installed and although im not a big fan of the format it seemed to work ok initialy. However I quicky noticed the radio HD feature isnt available in Canada, and the radio in general is static and pretty well sounds like crap, also maybe I missed it but it wont seek out stations? When my Iphone is connected and I use it for audio at first it had all the info and picture ect but all the sudded I lost everything it was displaying, I have to click the little app function button just to change the song and there is no info on the screen at all?? All it does is show a busy or working round arrow and nothing happens.....I would have loved to view my owners manual but the crappy CD they sent doesnt have anything burned on it??? I am not happy about this $1500 paper weight at all! Pretty pathetic this product failed in 2 days....... If anybody could please help me with some insight I would really appreciate it....

I just had a the Z140BH installed and although im not a big fan of the format it seemed to work ok initialy. However I quicky noticed the radio HD feature isnt available in Canada, and the radio in general is static and pretty well sounds like crap, also maybe I missed it but it wont seek out stations? When my Iphone is connected and I use it for audio at first it had all the info and picture ect but all the sudded I lost everything it was displaying, I have to click the little app function button just to change the song and there is no info on the screen at all?? All it does is show a busy or working round arrow and nothing happens.....I would have loved to view my owners manual but the crappy CD they sent doesnt have anything burned on it??? I am not happy about this $1500 paper weight at all! Pretty pathetic this product failed in 2 days....... If anybody could please help me with some insight I would really appreciate it....

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pioneer.

This 140 seems to have been rushed out to beat the nx702 from Clarion.

At best the whole operating system in it is half baked.

If I could get my money back,I would.

The GPS stinks.

The operating system functions like it's lost lost in the fog half the time.

It glitches,forgets where it was and is very clunky to navigate when it reponds properly at all.

I think they pushed their luck when they tried to integrate an Apple interface into this thing.

I for one would love to remove that because I don't use Apple products.

As for the FM,I noticed that the sound was better without the traffic monitor module installed.

If you go into your settings,I think you'll find one for seeking stations according to signal strength.

The radio HD feature in Canada,I'm not sure about,but I *seem to remember* we don't have it up here.

Hell,it won't even give you song info...my stock radio did with a few stations.

Go figure.

I hate to say it but the guys at Pioneer screwed the pooch big time on this one.

As a matter of fact,screwed is a VERY mild way of putting it.

A ten year old could have programmed it better,IMO.