AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

This beta is separate from the version in Cydia. Just install the file from the first post. It will overwrite the Cydia version.

You shouldn't have to restore. AppRadio Extensions is loaded from /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. Just delete the one or two files from that folder and restart springboard/reboot the phone. If the problem still exists after removing the files, it's not caused by the Extensions.

It is compatible. I'm testing on a iPhone 4 running 5.1.1.

Ok thanks a lot Mike :-) i test now :-)

You use 5.1.1 ok so, i dont Know why dont work for me :-s i have correctly install :'(

Again thanks you for your work Mike and for your reply to help me :-)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, i have try your recomandation, and work fine ! i have delete manually file, and reset all setting in my iphone ! have retry ton install beta 3, and now work fine :) i see picture and controle works, and appmod work correctly ! (i think i had a failed installation)

thanks a lot Mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AR1 : firmware 2.56

iPhone 4 + IOS 5.1.1 + AppRadio 1.7.1

I've uninstalled AppExt beta 2, downloaded beta 3, installed with DiskAid.

1st try, KO. I could launch user applications but I've forget to reboot the iPhone, so reboot and now OK. Reboot is mandatory.

Great job, I tried tomtom France 1.9, TomTom Europe 1.10 and I can manage them from AR screen, portait and landscape format screen, with iCoyotte running in background and sound of both in the car speakers, even with Radio or CarMediaPlayer as well.

Just some small issue when trying to switch from iCoyotte to Inrix for example : when I press central button I come back on iCoyotte or Appradio is displayed but nothing more I can't close it and the only solution is unplugged the connector.

Another issue with iCoyotte, but AppAxt is not concerned : it always starts with night screen on AR but full-light on iPhone screen, I've to commute (finger up to down) on the iPhone to set night position and then to day position (finger down to up) to be full-light on the AR screen.

Mike, it would be possible to lock the screen of the iphone when using APPEX with gps for exemple because iphone heating and risk to safety ... it is possible with backgrounder and supports native appradio applications.

For example when I use icoyote i deactivates APPEX in sbsettings and i active backgrounder on icoyote, then I can lock my iphone and still use Icoyote directly from my appradio and therefore the iphone does not heat.

heating of the iphone is a real problem with Pioneer did not take into, and long-term use is dangerous

Is there any reason that this wouldnt work on an iPod touch running 5.1.1? I've tried installing it and it shows in Cydia as installed but i dont get any settings in the settings menu and none of the benefits show up either.

Make sure PreferenceLoader is installed. I added a list of dependencies to the first post of this thread.

Mike, it would be possible to lock the screen of the iphone when using APPEX with gps for exemple because iphone heating and risk to safety ... it is possible with backgrounder and supports native appradio applications.

For example when I use icoyote i deactivates APPEX in sbsettings and i active backgrounder on icoyote, then I can lock my iphone and still use Icoyote directly from my appradio and therefore the iphone does not heat.

heating of the iphone is a real problem with Pioneer did not take into, and long-term use is dangerous

I can't mirror the screen when the display is off. Does anyone know if changing the brightness of the display helps with the heat issue? Maybe I can work with that.

Make sure PreferenceLoader is installed. I added a list of dependencies to the first post of this thread.

I can't mirror the screen when the display is off. Does anyone know if changing the brightness the display helps with the heat issue? Maybe I can work with that.

Ok thanks :-)

Last Update: 7/3/2012

Dependencies:

MobileSubstrate

PreferenceLoader

AppList

Instructions:

Uninstall backgrounder if it is already installed (check Cydia). It is now integrated.

Install all of the dependencies.

Install the beta version of AppRadio Extensions.

Start the AppRadio app.

Hey Mike. I can't find PreferenceLoader on Cydia. Any ideas?

I still can't get Tom Tom USA&Canada to show on the head unit.

Its almost like it doesn't background properly and loads on my phone but HU shows 'Please run the pioneer app on your phone' message.

Even though I launched it from the head unit.

Other than that most everything else is working well.

Thanks for your hard work.

Hey Mike. I can't find PreferenceLoader on Cydia. Any ideas?

Thanks for your hard work.

In Cydia, go to "manage" -->. "settings". -->. Change type to hacker or developer. --->. Search for it again and you shall find what you are looking for in Cydia

Hello, a question to the developer.

I have iphone 4s, iOS 5.1.1, Cydia 1.1.6, AppRadio Extensions 1.9.9-3

Using AppRadio SPH-DA01, firmware 2.56.

When I select in the settings of other applications (such as foursquare)

and attempting to run on any AppRadio incompatible applications, they run on the Iphone, AppRadio to see only a black screen.

Tell me, what's the problem please?

and attempting to run on any AppRadio incompatible applications, they run on the Iphone, AppRadio to see only a black screen.

think you need to use ifile download file from link and follow instructions on first page and you should be good to go. Think mike was saying he didnt want to add to cydia just yet due to its still in beta and wants to get it all worked out first. 100x better than most developers on the app store that just throw things in there that are crap.

Did you reboot your phone after install?

Some apps if they have their own TV out might not work.

I think Mike has a whitelist exception for these. (it'd be nice if the user could manage the whitelist).

I have Display Out installed alongside AppEx, and I use the SBSetting DisplayOUT toggle to turn it on/off depending on what my needs are.

For example. My Tom Tom navigation... I can only get it to show using DisplayOUT.

No touch available to the head unit, but at least it's upfront in face better