AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have AppRadio2 and iOS 6. So I'm stuck without extensions. Should I see about getting back to 5.1.1, or would I be better off just sitting tight until AppEx is updated for 6?

The iOS 6 update isn't looking too good. Apple changed a lot in regards to multitasking so I can't use the same methods keep the AppRadio app open in the background to capture touch events from the radio. I need to look for another way to do this.

I'll keep everyone posted. Still actively working on it.

Hey Mike

Just wanted to thank you for all your hard work!! You are the man!!

Just one quick question I have latest firmware on appradio, latest appradio app, and latest 2.0 offical appradio ext from cydia. My question is .What kind of parking brake method are you running or do you suggest running ? I know some people say the relay and TR7 method is not working with the latest pioneer firmware update.

Any plans on adding support for iPad?

No plans. I don't have an iPad to test with.

... did you make any progress on scroll and drag Touchevents ? ...

Not yet. I'm focusing on iOS 6 at the moment. It's still on the list though.

... I have latest firmware on appradio, latest appradio app, and latest 2.0 offical appradio ext from cydia. My question is .What kind of parking brake method are you running or do you suggest running ? I know some people say the relay and TR7 method is not working with the latest pioneer firmware update.

I use a manual toggle switch. It's firmware update proof.

Hey Mike thanks for your reply on the toggle switch seems to work good!! One more question , How do you get the notifications to work I have tried everything but they wil not show up on the appradio screen.I have latest firmware,latest appradio ext, and latest app radio app.Also how do you get the demo screen to go away after sitting idle? :shock: Please help.

Let me start for saying thanks to mikedecaro for all the hard work he has put into this App. Without you I would of probably ripped out the unit by now and sold it or threw it in the bin.

Ok I have a couple of issues that I hope you can clear up.

1. First one is boot time on my App Radio 2. It seems like my boot time is very long compared to your video you posted on the first page. Please watch video below to see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2a6DK28qaw&feature=youtu.be

2. Landscape lock not normalizing after phone detached from dock. Once I've finished using the dock it seems like the screen lock stays on landscape even thou I've locked it to portrait.

3. TomTom directions voice not turning off. For some reason when I use TomTom UK I can't seem to turn off the directions voice ...even thou the voice is muted , I still here directions via voice.

4. One thing missing which I would absolutely love is controlling the tracks via steering wheel button. Do you have any plans to employment this function ?