AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Posted beta 5. This should fix mirroring issues with apps like Navigon.

Updated my repo to add b5. Mike, can you confirm that you're okay with me doing this? This is your work so I want to be sure you don't mind me hosting it there for any reasons, be it stats or whatever. It has seemed to help, though, as about 20 people have downloaded it from my repo.

mike!! i can see the unsupported apps and can launch them but it launches on the phone then wants me to do the handbrake thing. only does this for the unsupported apps and not the carmediaplayer app

This is a known issue as stated in the first post.

Major Issues:

• No touch input for unsupported apps
  • Requires parking brake bypass to view unsupported apps

Just to double check before i do it:

AR2, iPhone 5, iOS 6.1............        Can i update my head unit to Pioneer's FW 8.30 and have the A-EX beta to work as in post #1?

I'm not sure if anyone has confirmed this to be working with the iPhone 5, but let us know...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to double check before i do it:

AR2, iPhone 5, iOS 6.1............        Can i update my head unit to Pioneer's FW 8.30 and have the A-EX beta to work as in post #1?

Currently using:

AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA-100)

iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1 JB with evasiOn

Lightning digital AV adapter

standard HDMI cable

Firmware v8.30

Just tested out the beta 5 and still no touch support for unsupported apps. Apps are locked in landscape with a reduced image reflected on the stereo. I've installed/uninstalled everything need from the first page.

mrKO if you have the lightning digital av adapter and a HDMI cable, I would update to FW v8.30. If you don't have those accessories then your AR2 will update to an expensive AM/FM Radio tuner.

See my results for post v8.30 update with different adapters here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36081-appradio2-sph-da100-update-v830/page-1

i tested bets 5 today on ios 6.1 and pioneer 8400. i laos made a video using it with spotify and navigon. the music randomly stops for a few seconds but is not stoping on the iphone. the mirroring is automaticly starts even without appradio but i cant click on buttons just scroll though the menu. 

so far u made great work :)

thx!

Updated my repo to add b5. Mike, can you confirm that you're okay with me doing this? This is your work so I want to be sure you don't mind me hosting it there for any reasons, be it stats or whatever. It has seemed to help, though, as about 20 people have downloaded it from my repo.

I think I'm going to host my own repo so I can make sure it's always up to date. For example, I pulled beta 4 because it was unstable so no one should be downloading it. Can you remove it from yours?

I appreciate the help though.

Currently using:

AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA-100)

iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1 JB with evasiOn

Lightning digital AV adapter

standard HDMI cable

Firmware v8.30

Just tested out the beta 5 and still no touch support for unsupported apps. Apps are locked in landscape with a reduced image reflected on the stereo. I've installed/uninstalled everything need from the first page.

What do you mean by "reduced image reflected on the stereo"? I don't jave an iPhone 5 so I'm interested to know how it works with the taller screen size.

I think I'm going to host my own repo so I can make sure it's always up to date. For example, I pulled beta 4 because it was unstable so no one should be downloading it. Can you remove it from yours?

Removed beta 4, sir. If you end up setting up yours, let me know and I'll pull mine down.

What do you mean by "reduced image reflected on the stereo"? I don't jave an iPhone 5 so I'm interested to know how it works with the taller screen size.

I also have a reduced image.  Im my music app it displays smaller, but if its just showing springboard then it is full size. Sometimes it will display in landscape but still stay the same small size.  Its on an iPhone 5 with 6.1.2 and beta 5

2efqs9d.jpg

Turn Bear2885's image to the side and that's what all apps look like after installing the beta 5. Only unsupported apps show up with the smaller image. The AppRadio main menu shows up fine with the Siri icon on the bottom left. All of the unsupported apps' icons also show up but once those apps are launched is when the reduced image takes affect. Touching the black bars on the side give no response.

When apps are launched independently without the AppRadio app, they are mirrored pretty much to full screen. Portrait mode shows the full mirrored image from top to bottom on the stereo. Landscape mode fills the entire screen.

I am getting the same "windowed" effect as above with my iPhone 5 and DA-100 radio.

If you add an unsupported app to the list and launch it, the app fills about 1/3 of the screen wether in landscape or portrait mode.

Launching the app on the phone itself without using the Appradio App will display at full size.

I am getting the same "windowed" effect as above with my iPhone 5 and DA-100 radio.

If you add an unsupported app to the list and launch it, the app fills about 1/3 of the screen wether in landscape or portrait mode.

Launching the app on the phone itself without using the Appradio App will display at full size.

Can you see if Beta 6 fixes the issue?