AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4 IOS 6.1.2, I also have the pioneer appradio 2 ver 2.1.0 and have appextensions 2.0.1-42 . I have installed siri onto my phone but can't see siri on my appradio nor can i control most apps. Any help with this would be great. I want to voice get and reply if possible.. thanks in advance

The Siri button will only show up and work on the 4S.

any news about the dev thats updating backgrounder ??? whats the status of the update ?

I'm waiting on some news about backgrounding as well. Once that happens, I can start figuring out how to get touch controls back.

can someone please give me a working configuration for my devices:

iPod 4G with iOS5

Appradio 2 with firmware 8.17

i have already tried newest appradioextensions from cydia with appradio version 1.8.2 and also with the newer versions. unsupported apps still do not work

please help me

You need AppRadio app v1.8.2 and AppEx 2.0.1-1 (Cydia). I never tested on an iPod Touch but that is the only configuration that will work on iOS 5. Maybe something else installed is conflicting with it?

Hey Mike, i read something about a app called FLEX. you can add patches in that app and also a patch called "backgrounding Apps never automaticly Die" did you heard about this or did you already tried that ?

Maybe it could be a backgrounding replacement ?

Hey Mike, i read something about a app called FLEX. you can add patches in that app and also a patch called "backgrounding Apps never automaticly Die" did you heard about this or did you already tried that ?

Maybe it could be a backgrounding replacement ?

I think this will work similarly like "InfinityTask" but it could be worth looking into, just in case...

Hi Mike,

It seems you are genius - looks amazing!

Would this work on AVH-X2500BT or other units that have App Mode?

It will be my decision maker on what unit to get!

I have the same HU and AppEx is working pretty good. Just the mirroring seem to be configured for the 7 inch monitor not for a 6.1 inch. The output goes a bit out of screen.

I already asked Mike via twitter if there is a chance to change this in the TvOut plugin.

Lets wait for his answer :)

The Siri button appears on screen using the iPhone 5 as well. There are a host of other issues when using an iPhone 5 (such as supported apps like GMusic not scaling properly on the screen, and RDIO filling up about 1/4 of it). I've read that the HDMI adapter (required for iPhone 5 use) isn't true 1080 so that probably has something to do with it.

BTW, the Gmusic app for $3 is absolutely wonderful and allows you to host up to 22,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud!

Hey Mike, 

since the iPhone 5 now works like the Android devices (a Bluetooth connection transmits X&Y touch coordinates from the AppRadio's touch screen to the AppRadio app running on the Phone) do you think an approach like ARLiberator is doable for the iPhone?

Thanks for all your hard work!

You need AppRadio app v1.8.2 and AppEx 2.0.1-1 (Cydia). I never tested on an iPod Touch but that is the only configuration that will work on iOS 5. Maybe something else installed is conflicting with it?

Thanks for that help, unsupported apps are working again, BUT: supported apps like carmedia player or aupeo! do not work anymore. maybe the actual versions are not compatible with appradio v1.8.2, do i need older versions of these apps?

Will there be a version off appradio extensions working with appradio app v2.0 for ios5?

• RonS locked this topic