AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Mike can you point me in the right direction to get to the appradio app bundle in ifile?

I'm not to familiar with using ifile.

In the iFile settings, turn on Application Names.

Navigate to /var/mobile/Applications and find AppRadio.

Open the AppRadio.app folder and look for Info.plist.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Is the AppRadio app crashing after 30 seconds for anyone else? I'm trying to figure out if the results are mixed or if everyone is seeing the issue.

Seemed to work fine for me on the ride into work this morning, for probably 10 minutes. Most of my weekly trips are under 15 minutes though so that's gonna be the extent of my testing for a while. :P

Touch support works now (iPhone 5 in combination with AVH-X8500BT) but only the first 20 seconds after starting an app.
If I touch the screen, the touch point on the iPhone is different.
Like tomtom, if i touch Navigate to ... (1st option) then i select Route options (2nd option).
Is there a possibility to synchronizing this?

Apologies for my (bad) english

Worked perfectly for me Mike! Tested for about 30 min.  Scrolling is a little slow, but does work.  Tapping the bars brings me back to the app radio screen.  I have SBrotator 6 and it rotates the springboard for me on appradio. When it open the springboard rotates but not the pic orientation on appradio.  If I open the messages app then close it with the black bars, it goes back to the springboard and it is rotated and looking perfectly like an iPad on the appradio screen.  Notification banners couldn't be tapped on while in other apps.  This is amazing work.  Thank you.

iOS automatically kills applications that run in the background for too long. I tried implementing some code that bypasses this restriction but it sounds like it's not holding on your devices.

Can you try opening Info.plist inside of the AppRadio app bundle and add audio to UIBackgroundModes? You can use iFile to modify the file on your device.

It should look like this:

<key>UIBackgroundModes</key>
<array>
    <string>external-accessory</string>
    <string>audio</string>
</array>

Hey mike should we also try adding this code to the appradio info.plist file???

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>

</false>

Thanks a lot for your great work! It's like dickwildernes said before like kids on christmas ;)

Yes. Is the AppRadio app crashing after 30 seconds for anyone else? I'm trying to figure out if the results are mixed or if everyone is seeing the issue.

I've got the issue too. Scrolling also does not really work.

iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.1

AVH-8500bt

I have the pioneer 1500dvd with jailbroken 4 with the Pioneer CD-1u50V cable. I also have app radio ext 1.82 on my phone and I have the latest app radio est on ym phone as well how do I go about getting this on my screen? Do I need a special cable or somethign to be able to see my unsupported apps and how can i control them from my indash any help will be appriciated.

• RonS locked this topic