AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Have you ever considered doing an ARLiberator equivalent for iPhone, seems to me like you have all the pieces of the puzzle to put it together. Thats an app that i would definitely want to buy.

By ARLiberator equivalent for iPhone, I mean a set of drivers that do video/audio out and gathers the screen and button inputs from the AppRadio. Something totally independent of the clumpsy PioneerApp.

That would definitely rock...

Good day

Ramon

I would need access to the Pioneer API. ARLiberator works by displaying the screen over HDMI and receiving touch controls via bluetooth. Everything is sent to the iPhone over the 30/Lightning connector, so reverse engineering it would be a bit more difficult.

I'll start working on this once the Pioneer API for iOS gets leaked. Until then, we are stuck hijacking an existing application.

Hi Mike, with what I was talking about earlier with the Ipad not resizing the screen correctly, I have taken some shots to try and explain it better. It just shows the corner of the full screen and even apps that dont rotate automatically it doesnt show the full screen either

post-68068-0-57822400-1367597217_thumb.jpg

post-68068-0-10888600-1367597260_thumb.jpg

post-68068-0-65960800-1367597365_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Is there any progress on the problem of the AppRadio going blank after a short time when running non-standard applications such as Navigon using an iPhone 4 and in my case an iPod 4th Generation. I have the latest software iOS 6.1.2 AppRadio 2.2.0 the app is running on the phone or ipod but the head unit is blank.

Mike,

Is there any progress on the problem of the AppRadio going blank after a short time when running non-standard applications such as Navigon using an iPhone 4 and in my case an iPod 4th Generation. I have the latest software iOS 6.1.2 AppRadio 2.2.0 the app is running on the phone or ipod but the head unit is blank.

Yep. Just posted beta 11. Looking for some feedback to see if it fixed the issue or not.

That's what I'm talking about. Good chance it's nothing just curious. It stays running til I stop it, no time out.

youtu.be/oq2PB4ffeEc

That's how it's supposed to work (auto rotate isn't functioning properly on iOS 6 yet). As long as you launch one unsupported app from the menu, you can press the home button and use any other app. Still working on it.