AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Mike,

Just tested the new release, the crash to black screen has gone but when you start an unsupported application like Navigon the initial screen appears on both units the head and the iPod nothing more happens for around 30 seconds then both screens revert back to the springboard. I have attached a movie showing what happens.IMG_0156.MOV

Update - I have been trying various apps and sometimes the apps will load and work (even Navigon) but the lag between touching the head screen and something happening can be very long. There appears no reason why sometimes it works and other times it does not.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,
First of all, thank you very much for your work mike  :)
I bought AppRadio 2, I install APPEX (cydia) on my iphone 4 (5,1,1), and appradio 1,8,2
the problem is that it is too slow, very very slow (2.3 seconds behind)
what BETA APPEX uses this guy? I would like to have the same flow

thank you very much

p.s : sorry for my english, i'm french :)

Just tested (iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3, AVH-P8480BT), and the 30s crash is in fact gone :)

However, touching the side black bars exits the app but doesn't load AppRadio back, I have to call it manually on the iPhone screen every single time.

And I'll back mams on the slowness issue, on all unsupported apps. Even Google Maps run painfully slow. Heavier apps, like TomTom or Sygic, are virtually unusable, lagging 2-5+ sec between a touch and a response, and updating the screen at 1 frame every 3 sec or even more.

Anyway, thanks for your huge efforts on trying to free us all :)

Just thought i would give a little update

Phone: iPhone 5 running 6.1.2

App Extensions: Running latest BETA version

Head unit: SPH-DA100 running latest firmware.

I have to say on the whole this works well. Its nice being able to use my iPhone music app and Sat Nav etc. The screen turning off is really annoying. So far i am really pleased with the setup. If you can make every app landscape and sort the screen switching off it will be fantastic. 

Thanks for all the hard work you have done here.

Thanks for all the recent updates to the app its working perfectly on my 4S. Since I'm considering upgrading one question I have is for the iPhone 5 users; How are you connecting to the AppRadio SPH-DA01, do you use the 30pin to lightning connector or is there an iPhone 5 specific cable that goes to the head unit. Is all video and audio mirrored to the head unit? Any insight would be appreciated. 

I use the supplied cable that comes with the DA100 that has the USB and iPhone 30 pin connector. Now i have the Apple Lighting HDMI adapter and i connect the HDMI from that in to the back of the head unit. I connect the Lighting cable from the adapter to the USB on the original cable for charging. All works very well.

I've got an 8500 too with an iPhone 4S. So nice to be able to use Navigon again without it crashing after a few seconds. Beta 11 fixed that issue for me. Haven't tested everything yet, but it's not crashing now like it was. Thanks for all the work. I know it's not much, but you should find an extra $20 in your PayPal account Mike. 

Thanks for an awesome app and trying your best to keep it working properly and adding functionality

Just realised that i was running the beta before the latest. I am now update. 

However i don't know if this has ever worked. I tried to arrange the icons and also put 3 icons down on the quick launch but on switching off the stereo and switching back on the icons are not saved. Has this always been the case?

mike is there anyway to get a clock in the car media player app?

I would love to have the clock in a bunch of apps, but coding for each one specifically (location, color, etc) would be difficult. I'll have to think of something.

hello,

what BETA APPEX uses this guy? I would like to have the same flow

That's a demo of the Mimics hardware mod. Not AppEx.

Just tested (iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3, AVH-P8480BT), and the 30s crash is in fact gone :)

However, touching the side black bars exits the app but doesn't load AppRadio back, I have to call it manually on the iPhone screen every single time.

And I'll back mams on the slowness issue, on all unsupported apps. Even Google Maps run painfully slow. Heavier apps, like TomTom or Sygic, are virtually unusable, lagging 2-5+ sec between a touch and a response, and updating the screen at 1 frame every 3 sec or even more.

Anyway, thanks for your huge efforts on trying to free us all :)

What do you mean by exits the app? Does it close back to the home screen? or switch to the AppRadio app but not show on the head unit?

I'll look into the slowness on the iPhone 4. It's been a problem for a while now, I just haven't be able to get it fixed yet.

X8500 with Iphone 5 6.1

tested latest update from Cydia.  unfortunately appradio is still crashing for me.  i was able to play angry birds for a few minutes fine.

when i played a video, and left it running without touching screen, the appradio app would crash and id lose touch capability. after about 20 seconds not 30. 

tried rebooting several times but same behavior.  i did notice some apps correctly going to landscape now when they didnt before. 

What do you mean by exits the app? Does it close back to the home screen? or switch to the AppRadio app but not show on the head unit?

I'll look into the slowness on the iPhone 4. It's been a problem for a while now, I just haven't be able to get it fixed yet.

Yes, it closes back to the home screen (on the iPhone), black screen with no touch input on the unit. I need to re-open AppRadio manually.